Graybeard Outdoors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
26,228 Posts
Re: NIB Leupold 3x9 Vari-X II WA

Not trying to mess up anyone's deal BUT note that this is a Vari-X not VX and is thus basically same as current VX-I 3-9.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

WA state. As stated in ad VARI X II. It has a full lifetime warranty. I believe the glass in this is on par with with a VX-II and they just went to click adjustment versus the micro-friction adjustment they used successfully for many years. Correct me if I am wrong. I just searched for VX I 3x9 and the cost @ Binocular World is $314. Your mileage may vary. If you are interested in the scope PM or Email me. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
7 Posts

On Leupold FAQ :

VX-II

The VX-II line (2003 and older) uses a combination of Vari-X III and Vari-X II (discontinued) technology. VX-II’s also utilize ¼-MOA click adjustments, but the lens coatings are unique. The external lenses are coated with Multicoat 4 and the internal lenses are coated with magnesium fluoride.
Beginning in 2004, the VX-II line is fully multicoated and will perform comparably to the discontinued Vari-X III line.
VX-I

The VX-I also utilizes a combination of Vari-X III and Vari-X II technology, utilizing ¼-MOA friction (non-clicking) adjustments. The external lenses are multicoated and the internal lenses use magnesium fluoride.
Rifleman

Though the Rifleman line of scopes uses a different maintube (for aesthetic reasons), it is optically the same as the Vari-X II (discontinued for 2001). The adjustments are exactly the same as the Vari-X II (½-MOA friction) as are the lenses and coatings. All lenses, internal and external, are coated with magnesium fluoride. Basically, the Rifleman is a newer-looking matte finish version of the Vari-X II that helped build the Leupold reputation. It is important to note that Custom Shop options (reticle changes, target adjustment installation, etc.) are not available for the Rifleman line of scopes.

·
Super Moderator
51,508 Posts

Luepold's FAQs link that 454c referred to.

Tim

http://www.leupold.com/corporate/resources/faqs/#questionFive

Though the Rifleman line of scopes uses a different maintube (for aesthetic reasons), it is optically the same as the Vari-X II (discontinued for 2001). The adjustments are exactly the same as the Vari-X II (½-MOA friction) as are the lenses and coatings. All lenses, internal and external, are coated with magnesium fluoride. [glow=red,2,300]Basically, the Rifleman is a newer-looking matte finish version of the Vari-X II that helped build the Leupold reputation.[/glow] It is important to note that Custom Shop options (reticle changes, target adjustment installation, etc.) are not available for the Rifleman line of scopes.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

SPF There sure is a lot of ad crapping on this thread. I always thought if you were not a participant in buying the item your comments weren't needed. At least that is what I thought Graybeards rules basically stated. Scope has been sold.

·
Super Moderator
51,508 Posts

No crapping, just trying to reveal the facts and differences between the scope you portrayed as being the same as a current offering which it's not even close. You need to read the rules on how to properly mark this ad sold, just posting a reply is not how to do it.

Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.