Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering adding a set of night fision sights to my glock 26. Anyone using these sights and if so how do you like them?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Are you talking about night sights?
Sights will not give you night vision.
Night sights typically have small tritium vials in them, so they glow on their own, without batteries, or having to "charge" them with a light.
There are also a type of phosphor sights, that will glow for several hours after being exposed to bright light, essentially, being "charged" temporarily.

Since sights are typically black, the glow from the vial makes them much easier to see in low light. However, they will not enhance your ability to see in the dark. They only enhance your ability to see the sights in the dark. It is still up to you to identify your target.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well, you weren't very clear in your post, it does not look like a review request.

Trijicon is always good, as is meprolight. The truglow with both the fiber optic and tritium, and the fiber optic is enclosed in steel isn't bad either.
I didn't much care for the xs big dot. While the front was nice, the shallow "v" for the rear, not so much. For across the room, "metal on meat" shooting, it's awesome, but for any distant, accurate shooting, not so much.
I've personally gone more towards a front night sight, and standard rear. At the distances and light levels you would actually pull a trigger for, it's enough.
Just my opinion.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts