Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a Chinese Norinco 1911A1 45acp. in a local shop much less than the going rate. It has 100% bluing and its in great condition. Its an exact copy of the 1911a1 model every thing seems to interchange so far. The guy also had a Chinese Norinco 9mm Tokarev I may go back for too. Since we won't be seeing anymore chinese guns imported here its time to grab them when we do see them.

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Yo BigBill - I would say that if you ever wanted a mil-surp for personal carry and defense, that Norinco 1911 would be just the ticket. Mikey.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bought one new around 1990. It's a good builder gun, good shooter and very good metal.

Everything is standard 1911 interchangeable except the grip screws (metric) never tried to change them, just heard it from a couple different sources.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys took the words right out of my mouth its a great carry gun besides the perfect builder too. I just put a brand new barrel in it and the full length guide rod with 18lb spring. I wanted to freshen it before i shoot it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you don't mind telling ...how much did it set you back?
I'm read they are very nice 1911s but wonder how they (cost) compare to say a rock island 1911. Which do you guys think would be a better buy for a shootable .45?

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
There is just something wrong with seeing a 1911 with made in China...just ain't right... :shock:

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
outdoorman said:
If you don't mind telling ...how much did it set you back?
I'm read they are very nice 1911s but wonder how they (cost) compare to say a rock island 1911. Which do you guys think would be a better buy for a shootable .45?
I found one at a dealer here for $300 I jumped on it. I changed the barrel to shoot wolf ammo so i saved the orginal barrel.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup Its made in China by Norinco and it shoots good too its one of the best 45's I have ever owned and shot so far too.

NRAJOE said:
There is just something wrong with seeing a 1911 with made in China...just ain't right... :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts