Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
22,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about the new smith .50 here are the ballistics from a employee of smith that has shot this gun
500 S+W MAGNUM FOR THE NEW 500 S+W CALIBER X-FRAME 500 MAGNUM MASTERPIECE:
CASE LENGTH IS 1.625"
275GR BARNES @ 1662FPS
400GR HAWK @ 1676FPS
440GR HARDCAST @ 1625FPS...
SO FAR...

all I can say is wow! that thing will be a handfull also single action related Freedom arms is now chambering the .44 special in a 97 but as of this time just with adjustable sights. I they ever make a fixed sighted version I may have to break down and finally by a FA gun.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lloyd Smale said:
single action related Freedom arms is now chambering the .44 special in a 97 but as of this time just with adjustable sights. I they ever make a fixed sighted version I may have to break down and finally by a FA gun.
In the mid-frame FA's model is a great deal. You can have fixed sights in Model 97, Mod 83 Field grade and Permier grade. But the ajustable sight installed on FA is perfect.

I think you need to break down to got a FA 83 in .454 Casull :wink:

But this is an other subject :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
S&W .500 Magnum?

Hello! I read some similiar ballistic info at ammolab and really believe this gun is a lawsuit waiting to happen if in fact the ammo is loaded to the levels published online.
I wonder if the buyer will have to sign a legal disclaimer, having seen my share of Casull forehead dings and even firing a custom Linebaugh .500 Long ONCE, somebody will break their wrist.
I have some years of experience with the Casull but the regular Linebaugh loads of [email protected] are painful.
PS, ammolab mentioned the velocities were reached with a T/C fourteen inch barrel so who knows?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I can't wait when it comes out. I know it isn't single action, but it looks like I need to have one. I'd also like to see a Encore barrel in that caliber. That would make an excellent short range/long range combo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts