Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys i seem to be gettin things stode away from my move from ohio to tucson, az , decided to take the day an hit up all the gun store in the area , i took the phone book looked them all up and sort of charted a route to follow , well i wentto 8 places , and out of all of them i found two handis , one 223 used and a 243 synthetic new , that was it. sortof wierd to me , but thats what i found , any az shooters around?

·
Super Moderator
51,245 Posts
Sounds like here Shaner, not many used ones around, did find one of the commemorative Whitetail 45-70s last week when I picked up my Kel-tec PF-9, they wanted $199 for it!! Even considering the checkered walnut stock and engraving on the frame, it was a bit overpriced for the condition it was in.

Glad ya got all moved and are gettin settled in. ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
Well Shane , it looks like your going to have to spend some time at the local ranges with your Handi's just to ( ed-u- ma- kate ) those folks on just how good a handi can shoot . ;D ;)

stimpy

PS - glad the move is working out for you . keep in touch .

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
I am happy that your all set with the move and starting to settle in Shaner. To bad that there may not be a good base of Handi shooters there yet, but I am sure as you show up and the ranges and shoots in the areas over the next few months guys in the area will become interested. Think of it, you can start the interest in that area. At least now if I even end up in AZ I will have a place to visit ;D.
By the way, Stimpylu32 meeds an old Huntsman frame, the kind that cannot be used with rimfire or centerfire barrels and that has the big flat "firing pin". Did you have one you were interested in selling a while back?....<><....:)

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i sold the huntsman ill be hittin the ranges real soon, next thing in line , of to dos, maybe they are all out there an not sittin around in the shops, lot of black guns around these parts also ,

·
Registered
749 Posts
Is Jensens still there  they were on Pima at Craycroft Great guns shop.. Wait till the big gun show at the rodeo grounds take money and good walking shoes used to be a place on craycroft call the cash box near the main gate for Davis Monthan AFB  they used to be good  ok I lived there in the mid 70s

Foggy
Ps check the shops in Serria Vista about 90 miles south east take I10 east South on rt 90 can;t miss it

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
now those are words of wisdom that sure sound like they come from experience!!!....<><....:)

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey foggy , jensens was bought out a few yrs back , so iam told its called 2nd ammendment sports now, its a nice big shop, and one yu may remember thats that old is murphys on fort lowell and country club? hes got a lot of things i fell in love with , lot of cowboy stuff,

·
Registered
749 Posts
Jensens was a great place they got alot of my money . bought my first hand gun there my first muzzle loader .

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I haven't been to Tucson in quite a while but it used to be a great place to shop for used guns. It seems people retire there and decide they no longer need their guns or the old man dies and the widow drops his guns at a store for a fraction of their value so the store makes some bucks and still sells them cheap. I still regret passing up a Beretta 20 gauge side by side for $425 but I just didn't have it at the time. :( That was at Jensens about 15 years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the old jensens had a lot of used still but murphys had 4 racks of used long guns and a lot of used handguns, all priced well,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts