Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this summer I bought a Handi Rifle with a mismatched synthetic stock and forend. The barrels are a 45/70 BC, 7.62/39 and a 22/250. I really wanted the original wood for the BC so I bought a set on this site. Now I am finding that I don't like the black frame and might really need a color case hardened one so it will look more traditional. I can use the new wood and the new colored frame for the BC but that will leave me with a mismatched set of stocks for the other two barrels. If I could find a corresponding piece for the mismatched set then I could use the black frame and the new matching set of stocks for another complete rifle in 7.62/39. That would leave me with one barrel and one piece from the original mismatched stocks. I may as well get the other stock piece to make that a set but that would mean I need another frame to complete a third rifle in 22/250. But then I have always wanted a 35 Whelen. I could just get a barrel but if I could find a whole rifle ........................? Please tell me that there will be an end to this soon................

·
Banned
3,717 Posts
The good news is there may still be a chance to pick up the Whelan--- check out Buds Gunshop online. The other good news is yes there IS an end in sight---since there will never be more made :eek: --so the end may not be by choice.

·
Premium Member
11,225 Posts
I would suggest you purchase a few more SB2 receivers so you can mix and match them to barrels. This may eliminate any need to "fit" them. Some stock sets will still be made by Choate so you'll be able to buy more in the future. Good luck, you shouldn't have drank the kool-aid. 8)

Thanks, Dinny

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Always an end to it. Stay away from all gun magazines (the type you read), don't talk to anyone but Liberals, stay out of Sporting Good Stores and more importantly, stay off of this forum. These guys will be the death of you. They are all enablers. ::)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I wouldn't get rid of any parts. Soon after you do you will run across something that it would work on. As others have said, there is no end. The good part is Handi's and parts are easier to store than cars. :) :)

·
Super Moderator
51,488 Posts
Not surprising since production ended, CF Guns and Grabagun have been out for while, they did have the same offerings and prices as Buds, now they got none. :(

Tim

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Let's see, I started with 223 (ejector), somehow, the darn thing ended up with a bunch of brothers, (2 more 223's (ejector), and a half brother 223 (with extractor), then a bunch of shotguns (12ga, 20ga) which started with a 410 Pardner. And a whole bunch of cousins 243, 7mm-08, 30-30, ................ It never ends.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.