Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Double D,

Well its has a 20" deep tube, 1" bore and as far as the history of it I have no idea who made it or anything. Wish I did. I can tell you that it makes a nice kaboom and blows a smoke ring pretty high. It also looked amazing at night.

That's one of the reasons I haven't even fired a blank out of it till now. Someone who supposedly knows about such things took a look at it and said I could shoot ball out of it without any worries. Well I'm a worrier so I settled on blanks till someone really in the know takes a good look at it. I was concerned because of the casting marks that are still visible around the sides of it. The bore is nice and shiny without any seams or anything visible. If anyone knows more about and can tell by pics I'll be glad to take more of it.

Now I want a 1841 mountain howitzer! I hear they really rattle the windows. I guess if I sold my GTO I'd be able to afford one. :)

Billy

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.