Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup.
I based my guess on the bore v. the barrel wall thickness. Also, there is a watch on the table in front of the shooter, so I inferred that it must be a timed-fire stage. The shooting stance indicates that it is formal Olympic style.
I just figure that it must be a guy who shoots revolvers for .45, .38, and .22. Impressive.

Bitterroot

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Wow. I just realized something.

This guy looks exactly like "Duke" from the Doonesbury comics. All he needs is the cigarette holder, and a plump communist-Chinese chick with thick glasses standing at his side.

For those who don't know, Duke is an ex-CIA contractor, a drug dealer, an arms smuggler, and ultra-conservative, who loves guns and hates liberals, Yuppies and cops. (Back in the 1980s, he was hired by the Washington Redskins, to supply drugs to their players.) Of course, we all thought he was fictional, but I think this photo may prove otherwise!

Mannyrock

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hint: the 1950's had sculptured light barrels while the 1955 had the heavier, straight untapered barrel.

Dad and many of his friends wore their "snap brim" hats well into the early 1970's. I never heard anyone call them "fedoras". Shorter crowns became more popular beginning in the late '40/early '50's. Stockman's styles were also very popular, but this is Texas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts