Registered
2,113 Posts
Congrat!! Nice bird and nice gun!!

Reactions: stewmagoo

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice bird!!!! How do you have your red dot mounted?
If I recall it had factory D&T for a scope base. As you see it is in a scout type of forward position. Someone may chime in to back that statement. Standard H&R scope base. Lots of meat on that barrel.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
38 yds with 3 1/2 in Longbeards. Impact lifted bird and complete rolled in reverse direction. This gun with TSS cleanly killed at 62 yds before.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I looked at a factory 24" 10 gauge last year and it too was forward D&T like yours.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the clarification, Dave.

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Beautiful bird and gun Stew.

Reactions: stewmagoo

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful bird and one tough young man to pull the trigger on a 10 gauge , 3 1/2 load.
He loves that shotgun, said he never felt a thing. I think he enjoyed the flop of the turkey. Lifted it off ground back flip and it landed about 3 yds from initial impact all at 38yds. I had that shotgun customized by a now passed gunsmith who including on a lathe a custom choke. My sons grandpa who also has passed did the custom paint job including turkey tracks on the receiver and small ones on top of barrel.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats to ya both Mr. Stew. I know from experience that you probably got more excited than he did...lol. Absolutely love the gun. My son has shot bigger birds than I have.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That kid of yours must be recoil resistant,I shot my 12ga NEF once with 3 1/2 and only once,ouch!!
He's tougher than shoe leather. He says he likes to see if he or the bird rolls further.

·
Registered
Stand for the Flag. Kneel at the Cross!
228 Posts
That kid of yours must be recoil resistant,I shot my 12ga NEF once with 3 1/2 and only once,ouch!!
I agree with that. I've shot my 870 special purpose with 3 1/2 and that's enough for me. Just had to try it out though after put the extension tube and new spring and follower and breech choke tube on it. Nice looking gun by the way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts