Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would an old style 44 mag barrel with the "v" type rear sight fit on a new frame? Had a gunsmith tell me he had seen two of then that the chamber wouldnt center up with the firing pin. Has anyone ever experienced this problem?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Never tried it, but from what I've read the only issue is that if the older barrel has the one piece bolt in the lug, and you have a newer frame you MIGHT have to change it to the two piece bolt to get proper lock up. TC's not saying it will be necessary in all cases, just that you might run into this problem. Don't know if it's because of lug height or something really to do with the two pice vice one piece bolt. I've got the latest exploded view and price list from TC and the old style for comparison if you want me to e-mail it to you. There are a couple number mistakes on the one from TC, they misnumbered a couple parts on the exploded view but it's pretty easy to figure out. Send me a PM with your e-mail address if you want it.
Helicopter Bill

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
old barrels-new frame

You just never know till you try that particular barrel. I've got an old .256Win w/ one piece bolt, but it locks up on my new frame as good as any barrel I have. Some old barrels fit better on new frames than they do on old frames. GOOD SHOOTIN', Walt :D :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts