Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Star Sizer on Ebay. It is an older model made in San Diego, California. My question is relative to lube leakage from the top and bottom of the die. I heard that new Star sizers from Magma Engineering have "O" rings around the die. My sizer does not appear to be set up for "O" rings.

I need to order dies from Magma, so I haven't been able to try it yet. Do I need to do anything relative to preventing lube leakage? I'll start using a soft lube made from 50% Sta-Lube Extreme Pressure Moly Grease and 50% Beeswax.

Thanks!

·
24,158 Posts
I have an older one and it doesnt leak a bit. Maybe your using to much lube pressure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lloyd, Thanks for the reply

I may have been worried about nothing. I'll certainly give it a try as soon as I get my dies from Magma.

Do you normally use a soft lube or do you use a hard lube and a heater?

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yep, too much spring tension. I've got O-rings but too much pressure makes mine ooze lube in front of the SWC shoulder and also around the base edge of the bullet. Use a lube heater and only enough spring tension to get the job done.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.