Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a big river with tons of beaver signs...almost evry tree on the bank for 2 miles is chewed...how in the world do you set traps in such a big area...also another spot i found has two dams one right below the other one....would the beavers have a slide over one damn to get to the next damn.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Eric, bring the beaver to your sets.When there is lots of sign you could probably set 100 traps.What I do is make castor mounds ,I bring the beaver to where I want to catch them.As they are cruising the river they will smell the foreign castor and come in to see who the intruder is--don't be afraid to gang set.I alternate my lure at the sets.Give them a choice.My favorite trap to use is the 330.
In answer to your second question--yes beaver cross over one dam to the next.You should be able to see a main trail over the dam.Place a 330 on the bottom side of the slide ,I usually half submerge my 330's[check you regulations].Dam crossovers are also dynamite otter sets.
Good Luck. Tom

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Asa,I took one adult.We were supposed to be the only ones in there.bUT WEhad surveyors in there the whole week walking around our sets.Kind of shut the yotes down. Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts