Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys have, shoot or know much about the .204 ruger handi's? I found one, but the cartridge never really peaked my interest, but it's there and has been for a while so everytime I go in the shop it catches my attention.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I own an ultra hunter model for several years but haven't shot it much. I like the cartridge and the rifle shoots great. Thinking about going to the Ruger American Predator now.

·
Super Moderator
51,496 Posts
I like mine! Haven't worked with it as much as Mitchell, but I still own it, 40gr Vmax on top of BLC-2 work great. ;) There have been a few barrels reported with rifling in only half the barrel, so be sure to check before you buy, H&R replaced those, but I don't see that as being an option now.

Tim

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/hr-centerfire-rifles/target-pictures-(pic-added-tight-group)/msg488957/#msg488957

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quickdtoo said:
I like mine! Haven't worked with it as much as Mitchell, but I still own it, 40gr Vmax on top of BLC-2 work great. ;) There have been a few barrels reported with rifling in only half the barrel, so be sure to check before you buy, H&R replaced those, but I don't see that as being an option now.

Tim

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/hr-centerfire-rifles/target-pictures-(pic-added-tight-group)/msg488957/#msg488957
I got a 444 barrel like that. Brian 56 took care of me ;D did teach me a lesson though, check you gun very well before taking it home with you! Not sure what I will do, good to know they can shoot though.

·
Super Moderator
51,496 Posts
The Fluted Ultra Varmints were available from the factory starting in 2005-2006, 24" bull barrels in 204 Ruger, 223, 22-250 and 243, they were also available as accessory barrels. They also made a fluted 24" bull barrel 270/22" 444 combo once upon a time.

Tim

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
51,496 Posts
You can tell if the barrels are accessory barrel by the underlug serial number marking, they're described below the build year code list in the FAQs sticky, factory guns were marked differently than accessory barrel fits.

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts