Graybeard Outdoors banner

Ordered my first Encore

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  DCabets28 
#1 ·
I ordered my first Encore today from VVCG. I ordered a complete rifle in 270 Winchester. 26" SS Shilen match barrel, SS frame w/ 2.5lb trigger, Lone Wolf custom stock and forend & Talley rings and bases. Steve even made me a great price on a Swarovski 3-10X42 scope. I can see where this could be the beginning of a very expensive habit. :eek:

#3 ·
JoeyB
I just ordered my T/C Encore carbine frame/stock assembly
last week. Now I have to decide where to order my .17 Rem barrel from. I am new to the Encore but not T/C products. I never bought a bad T/C product and hope that never changes.
Dave

#4 ·
Why'd you only get a .270? Haven't you heard that it's only suitable for varmints at most, definitely a squirrel gun, you need at least a 270 WSM to take out a deer or antelope, and God forbid you actually think about hunting elk with that .270! They'll look at that puny cartridge and dies laughing!
Sorry, just had to give you a hard time, I'm bored. Have fun with your .270, millions of people can't be wrong, can they? As you can tell by my signature, I too am undergunned with a .30-06, poor me.
Selmer

#5 ·
Cisco
Thanks for the welcome. I am new to this single shot stuff (excluding my first love........BLACKPOWDER) being I bought a NEF .223 last year and now caught the Encore flu. I am impressed with the great deal of knowledge available on this board and will be doing alot of reading.
Thanks again
Dave :)

#6 ·
:D Cisco, thanks for the welcome! I think it is already too late for me as well. I won't have this rig for about another 4 months :cry: and I am already thinking about what my next barrel will be :lol: . Whats even worse is that I talked one of my hunting buddies into getting an Encore. No sense in being sick alone.
Joeyb

#7 ·
JoeyB,It will be worth the wait.I just got my Virgin Valley(I love that name,sounds like a great place to live!) Stainless frame,2 3/4 pound trigger with VV 27" stainless 25-06 with muzzle break,VV black pepper laminated stock with free floated forarm via their hanger bar and wearing VV scope base and rings.It's a beautiful rig.Shoots more accurately than anything I've ever had.

#10 ·
JoeyB, your gonna' love it.That's one rifle you will never want to sale.They shott mega-awsomely (Is that a word?).

#11 ·
DCabets28,

The stock set is available from VVCG. Go to their website and look at the what's new link. At first they seem a little pricey but if you compare them to a nice custom walnut stock they are actually cheaper. You can get fiberglass or kevlar, I chose kevlar because it weighs thirty percent less. they are available in seven colors. Lone Wolf in Montana manufactures the stocks. The only negative is that it will add at least six weeks to my rifle's delivery. Hope this helps! :grin:

Joeyb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.