Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,740 Posts
He's not going to get the warm reception here in southern Oregon he would get in Portland,Salem or Eugene. This part of the state votes conservative in all elections.

That said, the press will manage to lie about how he is welcomed by the community.
As close as I'll get to this sorry excuse for a leader, is his choppers flying over Sutherlin. I know a lot of people who attend UCC that won't give him the time of day.Much less their precious time.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
you can bet yer last wooden nickel there'll be enough smilin' faces on the "news" for them to give their spin that he received a rousin' welcome and a lot of support for his agenda. after all, if you follow the "news" at all, you know "80% of all of us responsible gun owners support more "common sense" gun laws such as bannin' "assault rifles" and closin' the infamous & elusive "gun show loophole" ::).

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
One of the spokes men for the occurrence in that area was on Fox last night and made it very plain they do not want Pres. Obama there for political gain which he said is all Obama would be there for.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
cooter74 said:
And we are so glad you are gone!
AMEN!!! hope that's civil enough. more "civil" than their war anyway.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
lakota said:
lakota said:
Well, these people are obviously a town and county full of racists if they don't want Obama there.
I was being sarcastic in case anyone hadn't figured

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Yes, we figured that out. The vast majority of people in rural Oregon don't support Democrats of any color. However, there are always racists mixed in giving the rest a bad name, and the media will focus on those people as it did in the story I linked.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have worked with several fine black folk who don't appear racist as far as I can discern. It certainly doesn't affect our work or conversation. Most are from the deep South as I am.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts