Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is going to adopt strict California emmison rules in our state. By the end of 2020. I don't think that's going to
go over very well with the people.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
There is going to be a rude awaking in Santa Fe and north of I-40 when the petroleum tax dollars gravy train slows down. Her clean energy policy is only going to make it happen sooner. The commission on controlling emissions is holding secret meetings right now. Some are complaining about this not meeting the open government act but no one is listening and no one on the commission is saying anything.

It was just a few years ago when the oil tax dollars mostly went away and they were taking money from every government agency and spent all the reserve fund to keep things running. Evidently all the new liberals elected have no clue about this and think the oil dollars are just pie in the sky that will continue to fall forever.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She has no idea about how to run a state like NM. If passed, this will also effect fire places and wood burning stoves. Where in some areas those are some people's only source for heating in the winter. Rent one of those cabins up in Cloudcroft that's all they have in them.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand your frustration....remember that I have a home in the state that passed the SAFE Act.
That being said, David my friend......sounds like politics to me, not science or scifi.
Pete

Your right Pete so I moved it over here. I was just frustrated when I posted it over there. The things this woman comes up are unexplainable by any rational thought.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
I have a governor who is so stupid that he wants to give FREE (read; taxpayer paid) college education to illegals...and does bis best to punish honest, tax paying, gun owners !

Hey let's start a thread here..explaining who has the most STUPID governor..

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's just as unexplainable as the city of Las Cruces announcing they are going to spend millions on new all electric busses. When Las Cruces doesn't have a smog problem. The diesel fleet is only three years old.
And they have the new DEF fluid engines, that have clean emissions. All the while the streets in that city
are in bad need of repair.

Albuquerque tried that electric buss crap with busses made in China. It didn't work for them and since
has ended up in court. What makes Cruces think it's going to work any better for them?

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a governor who is so stupid that he wants to give FREE (read; taxpayer paid) college education to illegals...and does bis best to punish honest, tax paying, gun owners !

Hey let's start a thread here..explaining who has the most STUPID governor..

That would be an interesting thread. Who has the most stupid governor? I'm starting to think we would
be a close second to California.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
It's just as unexplainable as the city of Las Cruces announcing they are going to spend millions on new all electric busses. When Las Cruces doesn't have a smog problem. The diesel fleet is only three years old.
And they have the new DEF fluid engines, that have clean emissions. All the while the streets in that city
are in bad need of repair.

Albuquerque tried that electric buss crap with busses made in China. It didn't work for them and since
has ended up in court. What makes Cruces think it's going to work any better for them?
Now, that IS stupid ! My neighbor has a fleet of Mack trucks. The "improvements" to the pollution controls cost more than $15,000 per unit...and he has to use 2 different fuels

..diesel and urea..

End result? The air leaving the exhaust is cleaner than the air going into the intake ! The Las Cruces thing is just more politically stupid, feel good" legislation.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Yeah, we would all be playing for 2nd.
Ours is firing men, hiring women for heads of departments.
But then, few of us, at this point in our lives has seen anything BUT anti-male bias in all areas of American life in our entire lifetimes.
That is the root of all this crap.
best wishes

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, we would all be playing for 2nd.
Ours is firing men, hiring women for heads of departments.
But then, few of us, at this point in our lives has seen anything BUT anti-male bias in all areas of American life in our entire lifetimes.
best wishes
Oh yes, CA. is the crown jewel of liberal stupidity. Heck, SF alone could take that nomination.

·
23,845 Posts
Yeah, even some churches are putting women in leadership roles over men. Its happening in every facet of life.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, even some churches are putting women in leadership roles over men. Its happening in every facet of life.
Or we could ask. Which state has the most stupid liberal society? That would include the state government.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now, that IS stupid ! My neighbor has a fleet of Mack trucks. The "improvements" to the pollution controls cost more than $15,000 per unit...and he has to use 2 different fuels

..diesel and urea..

End result? The air leaving the exhaust is cleaner than the air going into the intake ! The Las Cruces thing is just more politically stupid, feel good" legislation.

The residents of Las Cruces are asking the city planners, " why is this even necessary."
When they saw how much of an expensive failure this idea was for Albuquerque?
Busses are stop and go traffic, the battery's were not holding up. And the system
was always breaking down leaving people stranded, waiting for another buss.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
regenerative braking should work well, must be in design and/or execution.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Actually, the trucking industry was pretty much legislated into existence with the Interstate System.
It will always be more efficient to run a steel wheel over a steel track than it is to run an air inflated rubber tire over
a concrete road.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Albuquerque is getting new buses. 60' articulated clean diesel technology buses and built in Minnesota. They spent a tremendous amount of money to rebuild a street plus months and months and months of difficulty and aggravation for drivers while it was under construction. Several businesses along the road closed because there was no way for customers to get to them. Buses are going to run on that street come **** or high water it appears despite the costs. The city's liberal mayor wanted it and got it.

·
24,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Albuquerque sure did get ripped off on that built in China buss deal. The city is sueing that China company
who sold them. Good luck with that. I read on FB where those China buses were so bad, that the city
assigned them to service on Central Ave. only. Doors were falling off, windows popping out. Traction
motors burning up, then all the problems with the battery's.

I don't know where Cruces will be getting theirs. But folks were makeing jokes about it saying maybe Albuquerque sold them theirs lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts