Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son shoots l.h. and I'm a righty. Are there OUs that are ambidextrous?
I 'd like to get an over/under that we both could shoot.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know left handed people use O/U levers no problem. I am right handed but I did not think there was an issue. I think an O/U is hte best ambi out there maybe next to an Ithaca or Browning pump. Tang safe and downward eject.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Same Same for a double! Don't know that finding one will be any less expensive though. Seems the more expensive the O/U or SxS, the better the chance it won't fit the other shooter. Traditions makes or rather imports them.........less than a $grand.
http://www.traditionsmuzzle.com/eshop/shotguns.asp

Jim

·
Administrator
26,211 Posts
Unless it has cast off which some do, any O/U should be as easy for a left hand person to use as for a right hand person. Most have tang safety which a left or right thumb can operate with ease. Opening might be more awkward for a lefty but not much so.

GB

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, yea the Traditions ( Fausti ) and Baikal are cast off .We're going to look at a Weatherby and SKB this weekend. Maybe they come in straight stocks. I don't know about the Ruger either. When I previously looked at O/Us I never payed attention to whether it was cast off or not.:shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts