Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Crosman 2240 CO2 pistol in 22cal. Aside from the long and creepy trigger pull the gun is quite accurate, capable of putting 10 shots in a soda can at 25yds. Probably would shoot better if I could get the POI to match the point of aim. The pistol impacts way to the right. The rear sight is moved all the way to the left. The front sight is also installed crooked and accounts for some of the far right impact. The only way to hit targets is to compensate aim to the left----very annoying. Any ideas for correcting the POI of the 2240?

...................................TM7

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think straightening the front sight would be the first place to start.
Reinstalling the front or rear sight would be the next thing I would do.

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ed1921 said:
I think straightening the front sight would be the first place to start.
Reinstalling the front or rear sight would be the next thing I would do.
Definitely ed1921,,,,,the front sight is a plastic wrap around type, probably a press or shrink-on fit....don't know how to turn it ..... any ideas?

thanx.....................TM7

·
Registered
281 Posts
You can't turn it. The barrel has a flat spot to keep the sight in place. What you need to do is check the barrel band. If the barrel isn't aligned properly, you can realign it by loosening the band and turning it a bit.

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dave said:
You can't turn it. The barrel has a flat spot to keep the sight in place. What you need to do is check the barrel band. If the barrel isn't aligned properly, you can realign it by loosening the band and turning it a bit.
Did that Dave......and was able to move POI to the left successfully. Unfortunately, looking from the top of the pistol, the barrel now has a decided plane off to the right, i.e. not sitting evenly on the co2 resevoir--which is annoying......no excuse for this in this day of modern machining technology...??????

....................TM7

·
Registered
281 Posts
modern what? This is a cheap Crosman you are talking about, a $50 conglomeration of plastic and stamped sheetmetal. Not exactly built to exacting standards if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dave said:
modern what? This is a cheap Crosman you are talking about, a $50 conglomeration of plastic and stamped sheetmetal. Not exactly built to exacting standards if you know what I mean.

Yep,,,,I guess I know what you mean.....but the whole excercize of manufacturing a gun is aligning the barrel in the frame/recvr......just seems odd in this day and age of cnc, lazers, jigs, industrial methodolgy, etc.,etc. that would be difficult or impercise. The little gun does shoot pretty good groups however.

..................TM7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts