Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I live in NW PA and can't seem to find a good gunsmith to do some simple work. I have 2 Shilen 35 Whelen short chambered barrels that I want reamed to 35 Whelen AI. Does anyone know of a good smith anywhere[/i] in the US that will do this? How about in PA? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
I don't know any in Pa. but have a friend who is a great smith/machinist but lives here in Missouri. I don't his address handy but will get it and post it tommorrow. One note, he's in the military(National Guard) and may get deployed. ??? Until tomorrow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Whitetail, I'm sure there are a few gunsmiths around here that can handle what you need. What about E.R. Shaw barrel company near Pittsburgh? Another (maybe long shot) would be to check with the Gander Mountain store up by Erie. They have a gunsmith shop in there. Not sure who's in there or how good they are.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Whitetail--- please forgive me. I never came back!! I am certain Josh could reamer your barrels to AI dimensions... Contact him at 'Woods Custom Rifles' at (573)491-4111. He's in the Guard and may be on duty but I'm sure he'l get back with you. Tell him "Jerry the stock guy" sent you. Maybe I'll get a discount on my next project!!!! Good luck and once again sorry I didn't make it back...the gunnut69

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I did check Gander Mtn in Erie and they do not do any work in Erie but send it to the main store (somewhere?) I also checked ER shaw and they aren't interested in working on someone else's barrel. I did get the names of a few guys so I'm investigating at the moment. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
8)Whitetail,try these guys.They make all kinds of custom guns and they are good!!! ECONOMY GUNSMITHING 724-266-0232. There near WEXFORD,PA. which is abouy 25 mi. north of Pittsburgh. John A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts