Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.voicesofliberty.com/article/america-needs-a-driveway-freedom-movement-now/
click link for the video
July 21, 2015—Whatever happened to property rights? Driveways in Cobb County, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida are under siege for separate, though equally ridiculous, reasons.

Starting in Cobb County, an anonymous complaint led to the Oviedo family facing gigantic fines and fees. The family’s crime? Parking four cars in their driveway. They’ve lived in this “Open Space Community” for years, but some of their neighbors (or watchful overlords) have apparently turned against them, recently passing a law to restrict the number of cars parked to only two.

“I am angry. I am beyond angry. I don’t see how the government can tell me whose cars I can park in my own driveway,” mother and homeowner Kim Oviedo told WSB-TV.

Upon hearing from the press, Cobb County decided to not enforce the new law until next year when residents will be required to pay for a permit to park on property for which they already personally pay taxes. That process can add up to thousands of dollars.

Another arbitrary rule on driveways is being cooked up in Jacksonville, Florida. Facing your parked car toward the street would become a crime. The purpose behind forcing all parked cars to go “head-in” is to ensure the license plate number is constantly showing so government officials can always check on its status. Parking broken down vehicles in one’s driveway is already illegal in Jacksonville, so here’s the naturally predictable slippery slope.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
is this an h.o.a. rule, or a city rule?
if it's hoa, and they only allow pink cars or some other
silliness they'll either have to comply or move.
my personal rule: live where there's enough acreage
to not affect anyone and them not affect you and no h.o.a.'s

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Ranger99 said:
is this an h.o.a. rule, or a city rule?
if it's hoa, and they only allow pink cars or some other
silliness they'll either have to comply or move.
my personal rule: live where there's enough acreage
to not affect anyone and them not affect you and no h.o.a.'s

Illegals don't care about that, I have acreage far away from any state land. And they still jump my fences and come wondering up to the house like they own it. The 1/2 mile road from the highway to the house is my road, yet even with the signs people still drive up unannounced trying to sell me something.
I think the answer is to be like those two old guys in the movie, Second hand Lions. ::)

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
if you have "no trespassing" and "no soliciting" signs
up already, you might need to look into buying a backhoe

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Ranger99 said:
if you have "no trespassing" and "no soliciting" signs
up already, you might need to look into buying a backhoe

Oh I've got them up, even in Spanish but I guess you have to be able to read first.
I'm going to get some of those cartoon signs like they have in some airports and see if that helps.
But I can't find one that shows a big dog biting a stick man on his rear lol.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
I live in a house that has been in my wife's family since 1968. A few years ago a company came in using tax money to upgrade the community. They stopped by one day to tell me my paint color was not on the chart, and that my shrubs were the wrong type and that I couldn't have a gate across my driveway.

I don't think they were expecting my answer.

Code enforcement stopped by. Said they could condemn my house. I laughed at him.

It took a while before someone realized I was not part of their little deal, had signed no agreements nor taken their money.

I told them if they bothered me again I would paint the house lime green with pink polka dots. I would be really pst if they said I couldn't park in my own driveway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts