Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents,

I was just wondering if any one would actual pay to hunt wolf in S.E. Alaska? Sort of like a black bear hunt, or as a combo black bear/wolf hunt?

Just testing the waters now, as I'd might start a hunting service up here in about two years. So while this is technically a 'non-commercial' post, I'd understand if the moderator wants me to delete it.

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Brian,

I don't see a problem with the question you've asked, sort of like a poll, if you leave it as such. Just use common sense - getting into passing on contact information for hire, quoting prices, etc. will get you out-of-bounds though. Any of you who reply, please don't push it out there.

Thanks,
Ladobe

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, kinda stuck here, with some serious restrictions on how I can answer.

I fully understand that this website is paid for by advertisers, and that's why I mentioned the fact that I plan on starting a business in the next couple years.

There aren't any plans to provide wolf hunts at this time. Just thought I'd see if there was even a market for such a thing.

Perhaps one of the paying advertisers (are there any Alaskan outfitter/guides advertisers here?) will see this post, and use the information for their benefit.

Thanks gents, I'll check back from time to time, and see how it goes...

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Brian -
Edited my above post to try to help you all out pard. Just please keep "discussions" out of the gray areas and within the parameters of a non-commercial nature, and none of us will get in trouble with the board Admin. HTH guys...
Thanks
Ladobe

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ladobe.

I still need to research just how many wolves are taken in S.E. Alaska each year. Actually, I need to narrow it down to a couple islands.

When it comes to wolf hunting, I'm a 'newby' myself. From what I've read, usually the hunter set himself up on a beach, near the water and next to a rock, and starts a electronic caller.

I'll add more later, gotta go to work...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts