Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pre saftey trapper 30-30 I would like to put a peep sight and new front white faced blade on.Will the sight fit in existing holes????I do not want to drill and tap.Anybody know a reasonbly priced place that carrys these items???Your help is much appreciated.Thanks,Huntz ;D

·
Premium Member
23,845 Posts
Lyman 66 Aperture sight will mount on the two pre-drilled and plugged holes on the left side of the receiver. I have been using this sight on one rifle for almost 40 years, and on a Model 92 for about 5.
Front post on both rifles is an XS with a thin off white or ivory colored stripe running up the middle of it for low light conditions, and helps draw a finer bead on the target.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dee,
My Trapper is just drilled on top for a scope, so you would probably have to go with the Williams "WGRS" sight. However, I do think that they make their "5D" and "Foolproof" peeps utilizing the screw holes for mounting a scope.

·
Registered
232 Posts
As I just replied in another thread, Millett also makes a ramped front sight for the lever guns with a dovetail cut in the barrel. I think they make it in both white, and orange. I have the orange ones, and find them to work very well indeed. One is on my 94 trails end .44, and has worked well in all hunting, and shooting situations. If I remember right they aren't very expensive either. Brownells has them, as do other places, or direct from Millett.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tallwalker said:
As I just replied in another thread, Millett also makes a ramped front sight for the lever guns with a dovetail cut in the barrel. I think they make it in both white, and orange. I have the orange ones, and find them to work very well indeed. One is on my 94 trails end .44, and has worked well in all hunting, and shooting situations. If I remember right they aren't very expensive either. Brownells has them, as do other places, or direct from Millett.
Is that front sight wide or thin?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts