Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've been using TSX bullets, are you getting full penetration with exit wounds? Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
With everything I have shot with the TSX or the new MRX, I have gotten complete pass-throughs. kinda sucks though, I want to recover one so I can see if it looks like it does in all the pictures,but they just seem to keep working so well ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tjkanavel:

Now I'm absolutely convinced I need to use the TSX's . Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I have only been able to recover two,a WT and a cow elk both shot quartering towards me and the bullet passed through the entire length of the critter stopping on the hide on the hip,both over 300 yards,everything else passed through.Shot a Wt and a yote today,perfect pass on the wt,the yote blew out the backside,he wasnt salvagable.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I used the 185 gr TSX running at a click under 3000 fps in my 338-06 on my last bull. He was quartering away some at a laser'd 270 yards. The bullet entered just behind the shoulder then centered the off shoulder stopping just under the hide. The bull just dropped at the shot. I was amazed quite frankly. I was also surprised at the beating that the bullet took given the distance. It weighed 122 grs. Here's the bullet and the bull.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Questor said:
tjkanavel:

Now I'm absolutely convinced I need to use the TSX's . Thanks for sharing.
They may be alittle more expensive then other bullets (Noslers,Hornady's,etc) but I think they are by far much better.I would only shoot the Nosler Partitions before I stumbled across the TSX's and I wont ever go back.I am really interested in trying their new plastic tipped TSX.Even though I have never had any expansion problems,others have and I think this has fixed it.They wont be out until next spring though,have to wait and see.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts