Graybeard Outdoors banner

Pennsylvania buck

909 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Preacherman 
#1 ·
My son-in-law arrowed this dandy buck last month while hunting on public land in Mifflin County. Shot distance was about 15 yards from his tree stand. He bought this Bear compound bow second hand at a very fair price and it shoots as new. Not every hunter can afford the latest and greatest in archery gear.

TR

See less See more
#2 ·
It doesn't take the latest and greatest to kill a deer, main thing is get a bow that fits you, and learn to shoot it. A deer doesn't know the difference between 250 fps.and 350. I killed a bunch of deer with an old Bear Brown Bear compound shooting 180 fps. Probably the best hunting bow I ever had. Pawn shops around here are full of quality compound bows at really good price. The latest and greatest a couple years ago.Use what works.also nice buck.
I graduated to a crossbow 140.00 out the door fro a pawn shop, killed a 4 point with it. Killed just as dead as Cabeleas $ 1200.00 bow.
Preacherman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.