·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Need to figure out how to bait them in.
Wonder if there is any salvage value in them - - if the shot size used isn't too big that is.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I've begun to wonder if these toys aren't being promoted to gain attention so folks fail to look farther up to see the real thing. Reason I say this is the other day I noticed a small biplane flying by. Being an aviation enthusiast I tried to follow it through my spotting scope. In the process I came across a military drone off in the distance but still close enough that 60X magnification made identification simple.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
sr said:
Any body know how to clean and cook'em.

Ken
-
I see you are from Mississippi. I thought so. ;D ear

·
Premium Member
24,776 Posts
Woe is me. What have we become? When I was a whipper snapper, we were into electronics and had access to schematics and components for making all kinds of jammers. Now that was fun. It would be even more fun now because everyone's so hooked on wifi and cell. Of course, there's the question of legality, but teens just aren't all that concerned about such things. Tell those kids to put the video games away and have them learn to use a heat sink and a soldering iron.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Drilling said:
Remington has the answer!

DM
[/quote]

This "shoot-down" was phony of course (drone out of shotgun range and owner couldn't show any damage from shot hitting it), but still a fun vid to watch...

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZgk1cRqAfs[/url]

There's a cheap and easy way to disable a drone over your property with little exposure to legal liability. Spend 15 bucks on your own drone and accidentally crash it into any other invading your personal airspace...

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwe-QV4g51o[/url]

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
In my state it is illegal to film or record anything in someone's yard that isn't visible from the street. If they fly over your back yard and film you, they can be prosecuted. I would venture to say, if you shoot it down and it lands in your back yard, they are busted. Of course, might be a good idea to not do too much damage so you can recover the video for further evidence.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Might be a market for some net cannons like seen in some sifi movies.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They have already become a problem around airports, suck one of these into a jet engine you have a problem.
When I was a kid it was the remote control airplanes, but people had more common sense back then.
They wouldn't be hovering around someone's back yard filming a girl out sunbathing.
The man in Kentucky who was arrested for shooting one down was acquitted of all charges.
He said it was outside his second story Windows watching his daughter undressing.

The drones owner is lucky that it was only the drone that guy shot. In fact that owner was arrested and charged
the same way a peeping tom would be. And there isn't a man on this forum who wouldn't have done the same thing if it was his wife or daughter. Got an 870 with a duck barrel that would do the job nicely.

People don't like them pokeing around, on a beach in California people were throwing things at one who was
bothering the lady's. Brought it down with a water bottle, took its camera off so it could watch as they
smashed up a 4500 dollar drone. About 20 people yelling and screaming. Folks get real picky over their right to
privacy, especially the women. Wouldn't want pics of my daughter flashed all over FB.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blind said:
Might be a market for some net cannons like seen in some sifi movies.

Really we should patten that Ear lol. With no damage, and the $4,500.00 drone now belongs to me!
You want it back, let's talk about it, it was flying over my property.
And in this state my air space extends 100 yards above the property. At least NM is setting perimeters over this.
I'll get a sign, drone trespassers will be shot on sight. ;)

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
An option might be a drone self attaching tracking device.
The Victim Equalizer that goes home with the spy.
The combo might compliment each other well.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Conan said:
mcbammer said:
Law enforcement are starting to use them here . Be my luck to shoot one of theirs and get thrown in the pokie.

Those are the only ones that,pose a real threat, so naturally they are protected by law.
-
Shoot it over someone else's place.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts