Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
I saw the report on FoxNews..

It is interesting to note that the staged event was by some wayward staffers and Micheal Chertoff immediately stepped up, read them the riot act
and is considering serious disciplinary action.
In this instance it reminds one of the "town hall" meetings arranged for candidates by the major media ..staged event, with questions chosen by
" call screeners"..

The only difference being, the Dept of Homeland Defense ADMITS the error and is correcting same..

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummm...Mr. Chertoff had no choice but to do damage control and perform C-Y-A, cause they got caught....He blamed the whole trick on an underling, but that guy got promoted to an intelligence position somewhere. Probably, Mr.Chertoff learned these shananigans from his Mossad counterparts, as staging is common place in Israeli infowars. Call the whole thing an 'experiment' at this time.
Meanwhile, where's the outrage, as there should be in the home of the brave and free. This is a despicable thing, not so much that they did this phony show, but that folks don't get the gravity of it, and THAT the media glaceed over it and laughed it off....this is a problem....and our leader Bush gets another pass from the media...the 'liberal' media as many like to call it. Recall that a strong independent free press is a halmark and foundation of our fair sytem....and what a mockery they have made of this with this stunt...really shows neocons for what they are...machivaillians.

But it seems that the handling this California disaster is the opposite of the N'Orleans disaster............

..TM7

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
The way I see it--phony news conference, or drive-by media conference--what's the difference. In one, you get the spin from the agency; in the other you get the media-lib spin. Who really gives a crap? It's not like it is going to change anything. Anyone who thinks they are getting the straight do do from sources like CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, The New York Times, L A Times, the A P, or any of the other alphabet, liberal infested outfit is really sadly mistaken.

When it comes to anything political, it's all a charade. The one thing I believe is that liberal=Dumbycrat=bad for my country. The rest of it is all background noise.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well said Magooch. Chertoff absolutely had a choice. He could have explained as an attempt at a legitimate news conference and blamed it on everyone else not being able to respond quickly. The fact that he called them on it I thought was great. :D

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I agree Chertoff could have swept it under the rug and no one would have been the wiser instead he blew the whistle on them. Bush will still get the blame from those that hate him

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
...And we're still waiting for the four major sewer systems (AC, NBC, CBS and CNN) to "fess up..

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
magooch said:
The way I see it--phony news conference, or drive-by media conference--what's the difference. In one, you get the spin from the agency; in the other you get the media-lib spin. Who really gives a crap? It's not like it is going to change anything. Anyone who thinks they are getting the straight do do from sources like CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, The New York Times, L A Times, the A P, or any of the other alphabet, liberal infested outfit is really sadly mistaken.

When it comes to anything political, it's all a charade. The one thing I believe is that liberal=Dumbycrat=bad for my country. The rest of it is all background noise.
You can glibly wave your staff and attempt to make all this phony staging seem unimportant...but it ain't. And it isn't similar to drive-by media, a term that Rush bantries about for any news or media that simply doesn't agree with his neocon war agenda.
The point is the American people are owed and should demand honesty, candid, and real reports from government; and various news outlets should query them to try to cut through spin, lies, and misinformation. It is just that simple, anything else is not acceptable. Phony staged propaganda sessions are not acceptable andhopefully are illegal. I know Bush et al have destroyed the Fourth amendment totally, and this is just another example of their let them eat cake attitude and distaste for regular folks.
I hope I never get so old and jaded as to accept dishonesty and phony government as the norm.

...TM7

edit...the guy in charge of setting up this charade is not going to get his promotion after all...I think he's going to end up sacrificed instead.

·
Registered
208 Posts
TM7, what is your problem? Oh, wait, you figured the phony news conference was another opportunity to Bush bash. I'll bet you think Bush either set the fires himself or had Blackwater do it. Well, Chertoff owned up to the playacting right away, said it was the dumbest and most inappropriate thing he'd ever seen in government and promised that heads would roll. What more do you want, for Bush to go on TV and resign over this? Fat chance.

By the way, get your facts straight. The guy behind this fiasco, the Homeland Security Press Secretary (a major underling), was immediately rejected as a candidate for the intelligence post he was seeking. That dummy's career is over. The staged incident wasn't insignificant, and the perpetrators will be dealt with. Want to bet if there will be an opening for the #2 slot at Homeland Security in a few days?

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's my problem?..... It was a lie. It mocked our system. It is most likely just the tip of the iceberg. It is likely evidence of how this administration and the parallel Homeboy Security government have been operating all along. But more importantly it highlights the attitude of guys like you and IG towards this kind of deceit.

...TM7

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
What's my problem?..... It was a lie. It mocked our system.And what part of the fact that the administration has quickly and decisively dealt with it, do you not understand? ::)

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Casull said:
What's my problem?..... It was a lie. It mocked our system.And what part of the fact that the administration has quickly and decisively dealt with it, do you not understand? ::)
What's my problem?..... It was a lie. It mocked our system. It is most likely just the tip of the iceberg. It is likely evidence of how this administration and the parallel Homeboy Security government have been operating all along. But more importantly it highlights the attitude of guys like you and IG towards this kind of deceit.

Saying they're sorry when they're caught deceiving and mocking our system doesn't make it much better, but is nonetheless useful damage control for this experiment gone awry. Is there anything, anything at all, that this administration and the shadow Homeboy Sec government can do that you will not give them a pass or safe at home plate? I can imagine the rants and tirades if the loyal opposition pulled this stunt....I think we need a deeper detailed investigation of honesty in government with this administration asap. Perhaps bombing New York and getting caught at it might get your attention.

..TM7

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
So now your saying Bush was responsible for 911? Thats really a stretch. ::)

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jh45gun said:
So now your saying Bush was responsible for 911? Thats really a stretch. ::)
Jim ...your're jumping to conclusions. I didn't say that at all, but made a little joke since I'm the conspiracy meister..remember? Heck, if he did you'd all probably defend him on that too.

..TM7

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Sheesh, TM7;

I would sure hate to burp or hiccup in your presence and say " excuse me "..because I guess you wouldn't excuse, but would go on for days..cursing my hiccup !

·
Registered
24,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ironglow said:
Sheesh, TM7;

I would sure hate to burp or hiccup in your presence and say " excuse me "..because I guess you wouldn't excuse, but would go on for days..cursing my hiccup !
Nice try. Very, very poor analogy equating phony government with passing gas.....you see a free independent press is instrumental for a free people to maintain themselves...it is just that simple. This administration has a black record of trouncing on our cherished values as outlined in that G'Dam piece of paper..the Constitution, and this is just another example of many, this time direct mass mind control methods were employed again. Backpeddling and sorrows and ordering the media to lay off the story don't cut it. You of all people should be outraged.

....TM7

1 - 17 of 17 Posts