Graybeard Outdoors banner

Picked up a 221 Fireball Handi

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  fiveshot 
#1 ·
Well I picked up from a forum member a bucket list chamber for me a 221 Fireball. My sellers health is not really great and he has had it for a long time and can't remember who off the forum he bought it from. Its a mutt, it fit great on a rougher condition HX prefix frame. I took the synthetic furniture off and put some older PW MC on it. I o ringed it, cleaned and blue loc tited the scope base. Looks like it went through some nice pains to make this work as a 221. I know quite a few years back there were a few of these floating around from some of our great members, heck I believe Tim even had one. If anybody sold a barrel on here, shoot me a PM and maybe it was yours and I can find some history on it. It appears a 22hornet in its previous life. Its a 22 in ejector which looks to be another caliber ejector. Here are some pics and some advice would be great with this caliber.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
I bought one from Booyah ~10 years ago, it was pretty accurate for me with the one handload I shot in it, sold it to macomb-rpj a couple years ago.

Tim
Thanks Tim.

#6 ·
Yeah let's talk Mark.

#8 ·
I appreciate the words of confidence. I think its has to ability to be a great rifle. Especially uses .224 bullets and all reloading data uses all the same powders i load for on 300BLK and the 357 maxi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.