Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from a week long vacation spent it hunting different ranches i managed to shoot 8 hogs and trapped another 23, along with this success came alot of headache my optronics 350 nightblaster broke after the first night the bullet perfomance from the 7mm mag was horrible not one compl;ete passthrough on any of the hogs just a huge massive crater wound on the hogs went and got a 270 from a pawn shop took the scope off and had to screws broke off in the base holes took it back and got a 30-06 this caliber has always worked for me. my 7mm mag started firing when i closed the bolt so i sent it to its grave but anyways this has been one of the hardest weeks of hunting i ever have had ill be sending in some pics so here is one of a little boar i took off the Crum ranch www.hunt101.com/img/303474jpg the Lewis ranch and shepard ranches were real nice seen lots of pigs but had a hard time getting shots as these ranches wetre so largen they have a loaner 4X4 which ill be using next time
[/url]

·
Registered
16 Posts
HEY HOWIE

:D HEY HOWIE Glad to see you back How come i cant get your pics to come up ???? give me a call lets talk :-D i finally got me a bow a pse thunderbolt should be here in a week or so :shock:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sounds like a tough week, but you did fill the freezer.

What bullets weres you shooting in your 7 mag? I have seen terrible results on some BT's at close range. I personally always take a backup rifle on a real hunting trip. I have dropped my gun once and complete bent the scope.

pepaw

·
Registered
398 Posts
Rain

Howie

Yall get any rain over in Jack/Young County this week. I've been to Georgia, wish I could say for hunting, all week with daughter's softball team. Just got back yesterday and it was pouring in Arlington. Tried to drag it back with me from Georgia/Alabama, as it rained everyday while there, usually for 15-30 minutes, but at least it was rain.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts