Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across a DW .357 pistol pack. Complete. Very nice codition. Four barrels and shrouds, buckle, tool, case, guage, etc. $700. It's a bit of a stretch but I could do it. Also found a super .357 Mag. 6" that I can get for $250. I want a straight .357 so I can stop using my .357 SuperMag for my weekly falling plate shoot using hot .38 SPL handloads. I really don't like using these short cases in my favorite handgun. I clean it after every shoot, but I know I'd be better off with just the .357 Mag.

Would you go for the more collectable pistol pack or buy the nice inexpensive shooter? Just curious.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, if it were me, I would go the "cheap" route. That is, unless you really want the pistol pac. I have a pistol pac in 357 mag, and I have never even mounted any of the other barrels on the gun - have only shot the 8". All of the others are just "decoration". And, I do not think that the value on these is ever going to be any higher than they are now. Again - just MY opinion !

·
Premium Member
3,025 Posts
HEY MAYOR,
I HAVE THE PISTOL PACK IN 357 MAG AND I HAVE TO AGREE WITH BRAUD357. WHILE IT IS KIND OF NICE TO HAVE THE OTHER BARRELS TO SHOOT ONCE IN A WHILE,( ESPECIALLY THE 2 1/2 INCH) I ALMOST ONLY SHOOT THE 8.

·
Registered
782 Posts
pack vs solo

Nice as the DW 357 may be, it's never going to be a great pocket pistol. For that reason I wouldn't have much use for the four inch or shorter barrels. I'd go to six or eight inches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts