Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An acquaintance sent me these pix of his repro bronze swivel gun, first Bill Meuse gun of this type I’ve seen. So there must be at least four others around somewhere. Tube is about 2’ long and whole rig weighs about 100 lbs., he says. Think it is one of the best-made bronze repro tubes I’ve seen. Meuse did top-quality work, I once owned one of his small bronze mortars, and it left nothing to be desired, either in the authenticity of the pattern or the workmanship. There is a bit of “gassiness” evidenced by the tiny bubbles seen here and there, but some 18th C. originals I’ve owned had this, and more of it, so maybe that contributes to authenticity.

Attachments

· Registered
122 Posts
Bill Meuse was a NPService Historian at the Saratoga Battlefield i met him in 1969 and worked with him on getting ready for the Bi-Centenial of the Revolutionary war. this small swivel gun was the start of a friendship until he passed away about 4 yrs ago. I still have that Pattern in my garage. The castings were made by Lapan,s in Hudson Falls NY now out of business.

· Super Moderator
17,174 Posts
Bill Meuse was a NPService Historian at the Saratoga Battlefield i met him in 1969 and worked with him on getting ready for the Bi-Centenial of the Revolutionary war. this small swivel gun was the start of a friendship until he passed away about 4 yrs ago. I still have that Pattern in my garage. The castings were made by Lapan,s in Hudson Falls NY now out of business.
So what is to become of that pattern?

· Registered
3 Posts
This is his son Lee , I have all of these patterns and would like someone reproducing them

· Registered
3 Posts
Hey Dad I’m so grateful I found you here , all those swivels I have, I hope someone sees this and we get them back into a foundry ❤

1 - 10 of 10 Posts