Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to Wally World yesterday and found a really nice pocket watch with a Steam Train on the front for some $$$$ That I could afford.
Now I got's me a pocket watch to go with my cowboy outfit that really keeps time !!!! What a Concept !!!!!!
Anyway they have several at a reasionable price at Wal Mart

Mason(Pete)Stillwell :wink:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
One thing to remember is not to carry it on a chain in such a way that it can get caught up in the hammer when you are drawing. Don't ask me how I know this :)

I carry mine on a leather strip with just a bit showing out of my vest pocket. I save the chain for the formal gatherings

·
Registered
114 Posts
Howdy Mason,

I got one of those Wally World pocket watches. It ran fine for about 2 months, then it started looseing about an hour a day. Took it back and they replaced it. This one is still going after 3 months. I wear it every day. You can't beat the price.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will take the advise on the chain.
Thank you very much

Mason :)

·
Registered
5,983 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cuts I think I can see why it never hung up on you. It is in your vest pocket. Think about it being in the watch pocket of your pants and a strong side Evil Roy rig right over it. Could be a problem.

PEte

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
OH! Sorry, I nebber thunk 'bout carryin'one thata way! :oops:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got an Elgin watch on E-bay a couple of weeks ago for 48.00. I wasnt sure what I was getting but I lucked out! It was made in 1891! I cleaned it up a little and wound her up. It keeps pretty good time. There is a fast slow adjustment inside. I think in the last 24hrs. it was about 3 minutes slow. I'll tweak it a little bit more and see how she does.
Dennis

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fair dinkum! I got one of those in Oz about 2 years ago. It still keeps excellent time. Is yours marked "Viga"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts