Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It passed!

On July 8, Maine Governor Paul LaPage (R) signed Legislative Document 652 into law, thereby abolishing the requirement for a concealed carry permit in the state of Maine.

This means Maine joins Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Montana, Vermont and Wyoming in permitless carry.
According to the NRA-ILA, LD 652 had the support of the Maine State Police and leaves a concealed carry permitting system in place for those who want to use it for reciprocal purposes with other states.
Breitbart News previously reported that the legislation to abolish the permit requirement was sponsored by state senator Eric Brakey (R-Auburn). He succeeded by repeatedly reminding his legislative colleagues that the permitting system was cumbersome and even confusing for law-abiding citizens. He continually focused on how open carry without a permit was legal in Maine, but if someone put on a jacket that covered their gun, they were then required to have a permit. This put them in a position of having to wait on state approval before being able to carry a gun with which to defend their lives.
Brakey said, “When someone with a credible death threat against them has to wait for months before they can carry legally and defend themselves with their jacket on, that says it is not working.”
LaPage’s signature came just two days after New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan (D) buckled and vetoed similar legislation under pressure from Michael Bloomberg-funded gun control groups.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Paul LePage is trying to clean up a hundred years of corruption in the Maine legislature......God Bless Him.... you would not believe the trash the Democrats are throwing at him. I know this is not a political forum but.....this is a long over-due piece of legislation nationally. Paul had the berries to sign it!!! Too bad Christie Et Al: don't have the guts to make it national.

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here in NH it passed the house and senate but Moonbat Maggie vetoed it. She bows down to whatever Bloomberg says.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Does the legislature have the votes to over-ride the wing-nut and Bloomberg? We have to start standing up to these wing-nuts and get them out of office. The second amendment say' keep and "bear" arms.

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they are a little shy of having enough votes for an override but I hope they go for it anyway.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
as a f/u they also took the age requirement for hunting away. looking forward for my boys to be big enough. like that is now my choice to decide when they are old enough.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
HWB13 said:
. . . . like that is now my choice to decide when they are old enough.
it's good to see you're actively involved.
i see a bunch around here that could be
said are old enough, but they're really
not mature enough. then i see others
that are younger but mature for their age.
good luck to yall

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Constitutional carry is now in effect in Maine, I haven't crossed the border yet since this took effect but it will be nice to not have to unload my revolver anymore to disarm myself. The only requirement is you have to inform law enforcement that you're carrying if you get pulled over unless you have a Maine carry permit in which case you don't need to inform them.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I have my non res maine and nh. but i always hand it to them with my dl anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts