Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off this is the e-mail info on the toad that did this to me.

Sender's name: Jim Hudson
Sender's email: [email protected]

What a worm.

Fortunately we are talking only 43.00 bucks this clown, his Credit Card company and PayPal pilfered from me. Oh and I am out some old mauser parts. inconsequential in the long run, but still gets my blood boiling.

Here is what you need to watch out for.

You sell your item. Ship it (I did it via FedEx with tracking) and several months go buy. All is well. Then one day you get a "disputed charge" saying that I made an "unauthorized" charge on that scum buckets charge card. Which by the way is impossible. Hey had to bid the item, He had to go online and and then pay for it using his CC.

So I dispute the charge through paypal. I submit the all the evidence showing the individual username is tied to the e-mail address, all the correspondence that was registered, etc, plus the Fed-Ex tracking information showing successful delivery. All paypal did was say yup, your right, it looks to us like this is not a legitimate chargeback, then proceeds to allow/charge me a 20.00 service fee on top of that. What the ---------! Bottom line is I was in the right and I still got abused twice. Once by the turd and once by PayPal! :mad: :mad: :(

So I closed my PayPal permanently and have promised to tell as many people as I can this story to let people know they can and will get ripped off by these two entities.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I too have used PayPal for thousands of transactions on EBay along with about every transaction I have ever done on line.
I have never had an issue with PayPal.
Now I have been scammed a few times by a seller but PayPal was always willing to help me get it corrected and has bent over backwards to issue me a refund for any money lost over the years.
I am very pleased with them.
I use PayPal for everything I can including gun and gun related purchases and have never been refused.
Maybe I have just been lucky!

LONGTOM

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I guess some people are lucky and some aren't!

I dropped Paypal because there were some problems with charges to my bank account and trying to get them resolved became too much of a hassle. This was a number of years ago and I haven't really missed it. I do get irked when I order something on line and, despite paying with my CC, it still ends up going through Paypal.

-WH-

·
Registered
234 Posts
I, like Longtom and LHS, have had good service from Pay-Pal. I may not like some of their views, but all purchases I've made on the internet (hundreds) using them have been uneventful...however they did settle a couple claims for me a few years back on E-Bay (non pay buyer and no sendy paid for stuff) I use it whenever I can for on-line purchases...sorry for your bad experience.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I find complaining to the top really helps. I got screwed over on a deal when they refunded payment when I had already shipped a replacement part. I bitched to the top and after letting them know I wasn't going to stop complaining about it, they gave me all my money back...

J. Muller, (Vice-President GC) [email protected]

C. Sheible, (CEO) [email protected]

It wouldn't hurt to see if these 2 guys still have the same positions there...

Tony

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
LHS said:
I've used my PayPal account on over 4000 transactions, and never had an issue.
I too will back you on that. !!!!

there is just to much wig'n out going on to blame others of someone else's neglect.

look at my trade count and feedback....all thru paypal

·
Registered
303 Posts
There are some people on pay-pal that are scamming people an they work there .Here one they took a buddy for a pile of cash an he never made the charges , don't have account here. Life save these from him .along with FBI an more

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Paypal is run by a bunch of thieves. I'm still waiting for money they have owed me for about 3 years now.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I had a guy that claimed to be on an Army base in Mississippi text me about a car I had for sale. Said he couldn't talk on the phone there. Sent me his email address, I guess to try and get mine. I sent texts to email from my phone.

Kept trying to get me to open a PayPal account so he could pay me on Sunday and have the car picked up by a driver service.
Was never able to talk to him or her on the phone. I told him I didn't trust him and that was the end of that.
I don't trust PayPal for payment to me and will do without whatever I can't buy with cash or card.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ok here is what went down. I have been using pay pal and i saved my Debit card info there. The other day i noticed 2 charges in my checking account that said pay pal joewill $ xx.xx then the next day another one said pay pal Jvretro $xx.xx so i started researching everyone that i have bought from those names didn't come up. Then i started searching e-mails they didnt come up. Went through my checking account they still didnt come up. I wanted to make sure i didnt buy something and forgot about it. So then i contacted pay pal and the next day they said there were no unauthorized purchases. What made me mad was they refused to believed they had been breached. Pay pal is the only place that i have used my card since Aug 1. I went to the bank and got my money back. I forgot no pre authorized any where.

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
paypal in itself is a scam. have never & will never use it. ridiculous to hafta 'pay' somebody to use yer own money. :tango_face_plain:

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
FWIW, you have certain 'protections' if you use a Credit Card that you do not have if you use a Debit Card. I will not use a DC any more. We got scammed with misrepresented merchandise (several 100s of $) and got 'satisfaction' from the CC company, would never have happened with a DC. But ya gotta jump through some hoops to get it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts