Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is appropriate for this forum or not. Moderators please delete if it isn't.

My son (9 years old) is having heart surgery in the morning and I would like some prayers for him, the surgeons and my wife. The Dr's will start around 7:30 and will be done by mid afternoon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
i think i would just about be willing to leave the forum if a mod. deleted a post of a guy asking for prayer.

i just said a prayer for your son and will do so again through out the day tomorrow. may God be with you , your son and your whole family. if you don't mind me asking , what is wrong with the boy??? no matter what it is just remember that its in God's hands and all will be ok.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Your request is completely in order and in the right place.
Prayer works. I don't know how and I don't care how, it works.
You will be in my prayers also.
Amen.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Not inappropriate at all. My prayers are with your son, you and his doctors and surgeons this morning. Please keep us informed.

·
Administrator
26,063 Posts
It's fine here but we also have the Prayer Posse Forum up in the CAS section which is specifically for this purpose. Not sure which if either will get you more notice and thus prayers.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the prayers, we needed them yesterday. The surgery didn't not go well and lasted about 11 hours. To make a long story short, we got one of those "we need to go talk and make a decision" meetings with the Dr's.

I know of five prayer chains that Bradley was on, plus you guys/gals in cyber land. My wife and I decided to continue with the surgery instead of stopping and trying again in six weeks.

I have no doubt that our Lord made the surgery a success. As you can imagine, it was the longest day of my life. Christ got my family through it through all the prayers.

mitchell said:
if you don't mind me asking , what is wrong with the boy??? no matter what it is just remember that its in God's hands and all will be ok.
My son had a Catheter Ablation procedure to correct a Tachy Cardia (Spelling). Basically his heart would beat very rapidly several times a week and was causing problems. They went through his veins and worked via x-ray and ultrasounds.

GB- Thanks for directing to the Prayer Posse. I have never seen that forum before (not a Cowboy Shooter) and appreciate the info for future needs.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Specklebelly - Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray for a speedy and full recovery. Continue to keep us informed of any changes/progress.

Blessings.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Speck - Sorry to hear of your ordeal. Just found it here. Glad that the surgery was a success tho, it was right? That was the impression, that it was, although touch and go at a time. Prayers are going up for you and your family so that the Blessings will come down.
Take care buddy and take care of that boy.
Bless God always. (Ps. 34:1-10)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Prayer Thing

I'm glad the child is doing better. What I don't understand is that if Gods working for you, why fool with the Doctors?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Speklebelly,

I'm glad your boy's doing well. I wished I'da seen this earlier but I didn't.
I had the same or a very similar procedure bout 10 years or so ago.
Mine was to correct irrythmia caused by WPW.
I'm including him in my prayers also, albeit a little late. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
I do not know how I missed the request, I apologize.
That said there was some folks that are in touch with the Lord standing in with you.
I give honor and praise to the Lord for His mighty hand and grace in this time.
Keep in touch.
Blessings

1 - 12 of 12 Posts