Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thegunsource.com is taking pre-orders for the Norinco 1887. Price is listed (for right now) at $321.24. Should be out in June at the earliest.
Went on and put my name on this list. They said they would go down the list when the guns come in--a first come, first served type of sellling.
You can always decline when contacted.
As of 2/27/03 at 2:30 pm CST they already had about 50 on the list.

Now, I'm betting the price goes up and the delivery date is pushed back. But I can wait. And I can start saving up my pennies.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Pre-ordering Norinco 1887 lever action shot

I've never seen one...how does one load the magazine on an '87?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

When you open the action by opening the lever you access the tube magazine that is below and parallels the barrel. You push the round down into the tube magazine.
Many of the CAS shooters feel this gun is more period correct. But then they want you to grow your own cotton to knit your own longjohns, too. :grin:

·
Registered
237 Posts

So, when you open the lever, you can access both the barrel and the magazine...kinda like an over/under?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Howdy,

I load my '87 by levering full forward, grab two shells, push the elevator down drop bottom shell in elevator, push other shell in chamber and close her up. The shell on the elevator will be pushed into the magazine and ready for cycling. BANG, lever(Clack-Clack), BANG!!!!!

I had a fit the first couple of times I shot it until someone showed me that trick.

Enjoy the '87, its a hoot to shoot and looks great shooting BP. :) :) :)

See Ya Shoot'n,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.