Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a site I hadn't been on before, Guns.com. $609 for a .30-30 NEF, $788 for a .243, $508 for a .17 Sportster? I must have a gold mine with a .30-30, .38-55 and .20 gauge package! Is this for real?
New England - For Sale :: Shop Online :: Guns.com

~Kees~

Reactions: shaner

·
Super Moderator
11,103 Posts
It is as real as the price the Market will bear. NEF and H&R Handi-rifles are discontinued. They are no longer being made, serviced, or repaired by the Mfg. The rifle manufacturing shop was bought and closed. Skilled workers, craftsmen with intricate knowledge to make these rifles, were let go. The "dumbing down" of an Industry is complete.

The ones we have (and those found for sale) are all that there are. Get them now because they can only go up and yes, you may be sitting on a Gold Mine in Handi-rifles.

·
Registered
979 Posts
When inflation catches up to the insane deficit spending of the last year and a half, $2000 for a Handi will seem like a bargain.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
A 30/30 barrel only on here went for $300 recently. I may have to consider selling my 30/30 Handi and factory 357 Max Handi if they are bringing $600.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Look at the Ultra slugs, especially in 20......
5-6 years ago when my local Gander Mountain was closing out Handi's, They had a pile of 20ga Ultra slugs @ $149. At the very same time, my local Dick's Sporting Goods had .44 Mag Handi's at the same price.

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
When the longest running gun manufacturer in the US gets sucked up by the money men then shuts down it creates a new market that is what we are seeing now. We all know what these rifles are capable of and others are still in the process of learning. If you are into reloading I don't think there is a funner platform to work with. I have sold nearly 30 at premium prices in the last 10 months not as high as your examples but most with scopes ,dies ,brass ,bullets and nice stocks. Believe me though if I still had legs and mobility not a one would of left me these rifles and traditional archery were a big of my life for 30 yrs or so I still got more to go and I think prices are just going to keep going up. I think maybe some of the older guys may wink a bit but for the most part most of thier collections are set. Those of us who have been around since the mid 80's and earlier have seen the demise of H&R many times know that this time it's over. Thanks for the rant Kurt

·
Registered
722 Posts
Kurt, where? i missed out on those man. at least i could have drooled over them even if i didnt buy.

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
A bunch of them were local pretty much satcurated the market here. I got a couple older models that are going to be posted soon. Kurt

Reactions: treeslayer

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I bought a .22lr sportster complete gun for 240$ a couple months back. Same barrel, barrel only was selling on ebay for double what I paid for the whole gun.

Call me a happy camper, I'm not selling mine.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Guess I should have bought that sb2 handi new in box with 22 hornet barrel for $350...

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Not sure it's an apples to apples comparison, but how much would a new hornet barrel for an Encore cost vs $350 for a complete Handi?
About the same price. I picked up a 21” hornet barrel tapered for my contender and that set up is a lot lighter then the handi which I thought being a hornet barrel did not need to be so heavy.

Reactions: omegahunter
1 - 17 of 17 Posts