Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I made that choice several years ago with the .243 for $310. Great gun and killed lots of game. My advice now would be to spend a little extra and get a decent wood stocked ADL. I found a take-off for my gun and now it is a fine shooting and looking rifle.

pepaw

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
700 ADL

Store has all of these on clearance, as Remington is no longer making the ADL. Only ones they have are the synthetic.

·
Registered
234 Posts
700 ADL

Are they walnut???? or synthetic???

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you can find one with a nice walnut stock get it now. Remington discontinued the ADL this year so you won't see it again. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think it's a good buy.I have one,syn. stock,in .3006.Have never had any problems with it.I know a lot of the guys don't like syn. stocks;but for me ALL of my rifles and shotguns are syn.I care nothing about wood.But that's me,each to his own...............Rick

·
Registered
407 Posts
ADL

I got a used ADL for 175.00 with cheap scope and syn.stock ,going to put wood stock and good scope on it and hunt with it. Hope to have under 350.00 in it.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I have a .243 ADL Syn and I can't complain. This gun has been to **** and back (the gun fared better when dropped into an ice cold creek better than I did :) ) and still shoots (I mean shoots good)! 8)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Man, I thought they were discontinuing these after I didn`t see them on their site anymore, that is a shame.I am guessing the 710 took it`s place, if so, that is a shame as the 710 is one ugly gun!! They should at least keep the wood stock ADL. I think the CDL is a smokin nice looking gun, but alot more money ofcourse. Jack.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Yes, the ADL is gone...I have a 2001 ADL 8)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Synthetic ADLS were on sale at Carter's Country in Houston last week for $286. Wish I had more hunting budget, but alas, it was spent on binocs.

pepaw

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
muzzleblast525 said:
Ok, what do you think of a 700 ADL, out the door, for $317? .243, .270 or 30-06....... :eek:
.270: always wanted one in that cal. Will do the trick on just about anything ,with-in reason.
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts