Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine has a 03A3 that he is getting rid of he told me $200. is that a good price, what should I look for? thanks for any info

Ben

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
badgerben said:
a friend of mine has a 03A3 that he is getting rid of he told me $200. is that a good price, what should I look for? thanks for any info

Ben
Did you say $200??? Check the prices on "gunsamerica" or the "gun auction sites" to get an idea I'm sure I have seen these around $750+ at shows. The 03's and the 30-40krag's are around the same prices. If you can get one for $200 jump on it quick. Check the gun over good, the bore, the stock for cracks, the reciever for cracks and the bluing % of finish. I usually check out parts for a gun before I buy if I have a chance to, check numrich gun parts or do a search for "03A3 gun parts" and see whats available if the gun isn't 100% there it helps to have a parts source ahead of time most gun sellers don't want to bother fixing a gun if its missing parts I'm not sure why parts are easy to find on the internet.
BigBill

·
Registered
223 Posts
03-A3

The check can be in the mail tomorrow if aint gonna buy it! Beater imports go for $4-450, 03's with DCM paperwork will sell for $6-750 depending on condition and maker. Some even higher. I love 03's and Garands, and they don't come cheap anymore.

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
03A3

badgerben: get it NOW. Right Now. Go blindfolded if you want. At that price you cannot beat it. Mikey.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sold

well judging from all your reactions i'll be getting that 03. thanks for your help guys, I'll let you know how it shoots.

Ben

·
Registered
223 Posts
BadgerBen

Shoot it and enjoy it. Here in teh Perkasie, PA area, one of our local gun clubs that hold DCM/CMP shoots once/month really changes it up. Every December we have what is called a 'Battle of the Bulge' shoot--everyone must shoot the 500pt agregate with a M1 Garand! Then in January, we have a 'Military Bolt-rifle shoot' where everyone must use a bolt action rifle from SOME military. Guys use 03's 03A3, Swiss, M-Nagants, Swedes, you name it, but it must be a bolt feed. We have an absolute blast. It is very well attended as it brings out the huckle-bucks that don't like regular Hi-Power rifle shoots. Get a club in your area to do it, or organize one among your friends. It doesn't take long for word to get around! Most box-stock CMP 03A3 will shoot 430-450 with a good shooter behind it. I always feel good when I beak 400 with mine. They are hard rifles to shoot, and 58 rds of Mil 30'06 are tough to shoot, especially from the slow-fire prone position. Have fun!

·
Registered
115 Posts
At the Birmingham, AL gun show last month, I saw several LIKE NEW 03-A3s for $450-600. I want an 03-A3 for a 'shooter'....not as a 'safe queen'.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My dealer has a LIKE NEW SmithCorona 03A3. He's 'asking' $695. OUCH!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts