Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
42,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the Bible 3x and am reading Halleys Bible handbook. As big and powerful as the United States is we surely must figure into the final battle somewhere. Where are we? Surely someone smarter than I knows the answer to this. POWDERMAN. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The big battle is between the ears!

·
Registered
97 Posts
"And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army." Rev. 19:19 KJV.

this the battle of Armageddon where Jesus will destroy all the armies of the world..this includes the USA..not much to look forward to is it?

·
Registered
729 Posts
MOTOR:
Interesting and, yes, frieghtening prospect.
Does this mean that the anticrhist will be in control of earthly governments?
This would seem to make sense, but I do not know the Bible as well as you do and I'm asking for help and clarification.
Thank you.
Jeager.

·
Registered
42,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MOTOR. Are you saying that basicly everyone on earth will fight AGAINST Christ?? POWDERMAN. :? :? :? :? :? :?

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
I am honestly not very big on prophecy, but I have an opinion.
I cannot find America in the final showdown.
Blessings

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
I really can't say wether or not the United States will play any part in the battle of armageddon.

However in the past year I have been reading and studying the books of 1st & 2nd Kings as well as the books of the prophets isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel which all chronical Gods judgement on ancient Judah which culminated with the fall of the Jewish nation and total destruction of it's once Holy city at the hands of enemies that did not even know the one true God.

As I read and studied these books I could not help but note the striking similarities between ancient Judah and the United States.

Both the Jewish nation and the people of the United States started out as Godly people who worshiped God and obeyed Gods laws for the most part. Both nations I believe found favor with God and prospered in wealth and power. One certainly cannot deny that the United States rose to 'Super Power' status both economically and militarily in a very short period of time.

Then in ancient Judah, the government, including the highest officials became corrupt. The people of Judah began to worship other gods and idols. Sexual immorality and perversion took root. All while the government turnied a blind eye or even condoned all this. Violenct crime and murder became rampant thruout the land. Until God finally had had enough.

Read these books for yourself and think about what is going on in our country today. The removal of any references to God in our schools or in our public buildings, sexual immorality, gay rights laws, same sex marriages, government corruption, violent crime and murder.

I cannot help but wounder if this nations judgement day is coming soon. Were the events of 9/11 a warning for us to wake up and turn back to God? Is it too late? Maybe the United States is not clearly pointed to in the book of Revelation because this nation will not exist by that time?

Something to think about. :shock:

·
Registered
436 Posts
In an earlier thread I mentioned that America was in prophecy. And someone ask me to expand on that and I did. I don’t remember which thread it was in now but take a look, you will probably find it, I found where it is; it is in the “Non Bible study topics forum” “We were founded as a Christian Nation.” But, in a nutshell, from what I believe, in Revelation 13:11-18 the beast coming out of the earth symbolizes a nation rising from an area of lease population, the two horns is that nation that has separation of government and religious freedoms, the lamb represents the nation started off as a God fearing nation, and spake as a dragon is where that nation ending up as the spoke person of Satan. This nation would receive power from the first beast and basically being the governmental/military/police force to the first beast enforcing the first beast’s policies.

·
Registered
729 Posts
There have been tons of speculative literature written about what Revelation means.
Historically the book of Revelation was written sometime around 96 CE in Asia Minor. The author was probably a Christian from Ephesus known ad "John the Elder" written on the island of Patmos.
Because the bood is written in unusual symbolic language it is hard for modern people to read.
We are not accustomed to this type of literature.
The people of the ancient world would have been more accustomed to the
nature of apocalyptic literature.
This kind of writting was common for the times and followed conventions of style and people knew more of what to expect from it.
The modern reader should remember what audience the literature was written for.
I have no idea what Revelation could mean to modern readers, or if it really means anything to us in our place in time.
Historians of antiquities claim the book was written for the audience of the period in which the book was written and means nothing to this time except for historical aspects.
Preachers, however, have fertile ground in the imaginations of superstitious types and often use the book to scare people to death.
As for as the books true meaning??? I haven't a clue.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
jeager106 said:
Historians of antiquities claim the book was written for the audience of the period in which the book was written and means nothing to this time except for historical aspects.
I believe that the Bible the is Holy Spirit inspired word of God and that everything in it conveys a timeless message, principal or historical truth.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Brett says:
"I believe that the Bible the is Holy Spirit inspired word of God and that everything in it conveys a timeless message, principal or historical truth."

O.K., you're allowed to think that.
I Personally think Revelation is more historical and alegorical than anything else.
This is not say the Book isn't a very imprortant part of the Bible and of course, as such, it has as much value as any other book of the Bible.
I just haven't a clue what the heck it means.
I doubt anyone here does either.
However the important thing is what it means to the reader.
Every decade since the creation of what we call the New Tesitment has been declared THE decade, year, period, month, event, that fulfills ALL of Revelation's prophecies.
Ain't been fulfilled yet, might be fulfilled tomorrow.
None of us on this forum can really know the answers to the riddles in that Book. We only have our individual beliefs based on faith.
And, quite frankly, I think that's good 'nuff. :p

·
Registered
241 Posts
I can tell you exactly what Revelation means.One day in the future God the Father tells God the Son "that's enough", the Bride Groom comes back for the Bride and if you arent part of the wedding party you are on the losing side and will experience the "second death". I am thankful that I am on the winning side!!

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
RBishop said:
I can tell you exactly what Revelation means.One day in the future God the Father tells God the Son "that's enough", the Bride Groom comes back for the Bride and if you arent part of the wedding party you are on the losing side and will experience the "second death". I am thankful that I am on the winning side!!
Amen.

·
Registered
42,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DONNA. I found what you said. I truly hope you are wrong about the United States being the second beast. Our nation has gone down hill bad. I would hope, and I pray, that my nation will be on Gods side when armegeddon comes. If the aclu and the democratic party have their way, we will be as you said, on the side of satan. Any other ideas out there???? I really want to know. POWDERMAN. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
700 Posts
Party affiliation is a determinate of salvation too? Well now we know, GOP stands for, God's Own People.

Respectfully, this topic would seem more fitting in the new forum

May your God be with you and you with your God

jon

·
Registered
42,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fe352v8 said:
Party affiliation is a determinate of salvation too? This is a confusing religion.

May your God be with you and you with your God

jon
Just look at the voting records on religious issues, gay marriage, abortion, The democratic party platform, etc. Nuff said. POWDERMAN. :D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Powderman,

Sorry, didn't mean to edit while you posted. For a conservative your fast.

As long as were talking partisan prophecy, do Libertarians have chance? :D

may your God be with you and you with your God

jon

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'd just about bet anything that any religious denomination in any country in the world would like to believe the country they live in is somehow on God's "side".
I think that kind of logic is just plain silly.
Most likely God is not democratic, would not endorse a democratic society, but probably would want to establish a THEOCRACY.
Him being God ya see.
During WWII the Axis Italian Military and the German Nazi Military and both POLITICAL systems were being blessed by the Catholic Bishops and Cardinals (and the protestants and the Lutherens, et. al).
Of course the Axis powers were on the side of evil BECAUSE WE WON that conflict and therefore wrote the history.
I really fail to see how anyone can Christianize a political party or form of government and say God blesses that government.
Here's a question for you Christians that think God recognizes the U.S. of A. for some reason.
Let's just suppose this country does a trun around in the next few years and we become more righteous somehow.
Less immoral (as though any government can legislate morality) and more law abiding.
Will God then spare EVERY AMERICAN on Judgement day?
Some of you think Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians.
Would God spare American J.W's.?
I said a few threads ago that ever since the adoption and recognition of the N.T. the book of Revelation has been applied to nearly every decade, year, even, earthquake, famine, plague, as the signs of the "last days" for almost 2000 years.
Everyone thinks they KNOW FOR SURE that Revelation has not been fulfilled but will be soon.
Why now and not 2000 years ago?
And just for the record this thread should go to that "other" place, not here.
In my not so humble opinion. :-D

·
Registered
42,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FE352v8. I never meant that ANY party affiliation meant Heaven or ****. I meant that the democratic party platform is definitely not Christian because Christians don't condone killing babies, gay marriage, etc. Many good people will vote party lines, regardless of the policies of that party, you knew what I meant. :lol: :lol: .

Chopped by Graybeard. I don't like wasting my time baby sitting.[/color]

I'd still like some more ideas on this issue of America in prophesy. POWDERMAN. :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Powderman –

Jaeger is right in that Christ is not coming for a nation nor a political party. But all nations will turn from God and most of the population on earth will worship the beast and his image and go to make war with the remnant of God’s people (these are the ones that “which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” Revelation 12:17). America in prophecy ties into a lot of different subjects in the Bible. The worshipping of God will be the focus in the last days. The first beast wants the worship to be towards the one that gives power to it, this is always Satan. Satan always forces worship, Isaiah 14:12-14. the U.S., being the second beast, will make laws and enforce these laws for the first beast power and his image. These laws will center around forcing the worship of the first beast and his image to put pressure on God’s people to say, think, and act according to the wishes of the first beast. And these laws will get more restrictive and the penalties will get more severe to the point of actually ordering a death decree on God’s people if they do not worship the first beast and his image when and how the first beast wants all to worship. This death decree will only come after God has removed His benevolent love from the rest of the world signifying that probation has ended for all mankind and then the seventh seal will be broken (Revelation 8:1) and after a delay for a season Christ will come in the clouds of His glory and all His heavenly host will be with him.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts