Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a T/C Encore for 20 years and have had 2 stocks brake for me. The first one split in half after about 3 years of shooting 50 caliber muzzleloader loads. Today I had another one split at the pistol grip, shooting 357 max loads.

Thinking about going plastic thumbhole. Any toughts?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Wow. I have had about 30 barrels, from mild to wild, and never cracked a stock. My bigger boomers now all have muzzle brakes. I have shot both wood and plastic thumb holes, and think the plastic ones feel good in the hand. Wood, too big in the grip. Good luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called T/C this morning and they said that their stocks are not under warranty. So I guess I have to suck it up and buy a new stock. T/C just lost a future customer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've always felt that big dip in the wrist was a weak point. But also, I haven't had any problems with mine. Including a kicked like a mule 20ga rifled slug barrel. I tend to shoot light to moderate loads and have had it almost 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Plastic is gaudy imo, I replaced my stocks with laminate, good luck cracking one of those...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Plastic is gaudy imo, I replaced my stocks with laminate, good luck cracking one of those...
My Son put a laminate on his Contender, he slipped and fell on the butt stock, the glue gave way and separated the laminate just back of the grip.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
My Son put a laminate on his Contender, he slipped and fell on the butt stock, the glue gave way and separated the laminate just back of the grip.
I guess I should have excluded mishandling and user error...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts