Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
23,845 Posts
Well, I tried to open your link but, they wanted me to "sign up". Nope!

But this all looks very similar to German history.

Book burning is right around the corner.

Are we really ready to start burning gun powder in large quantities?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Let's get something straight here. People that claim to be protester's that intentionally damage other people's property and beat up people that have a different view, are not protester's, they are criminals!

·
Premium Member
9,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only way to stop the book burning at this point is to burn large quantities of gunpowder.

·
23,845 Posts
Let's get something straight here. People that claim to be protester's that intentionally damage other people's property and beat up people that have a different view, are not protester's, they are criminals!
The only way to stop the book burning at this point is to burn large quantities of gunpowder.
Well I don't think any rational person would argue DFischer, concerning it lack credibility as a protest, and would lean more toward criminal activity.

doublebass73, while would hope you were wrong, our local, and state governments seem reluctant to stop the destruction, and carnage, and leave some to their own forms of defense.
You could be right.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Frederick Douglass is a very interesting personality, an escaped slave who illegally learned to read and write and who became a powerful anti-slavery voice, including founding and publishing a newspaper, The North Star.

I read his memoirs many years ago and one part of it hit me like a thunderclapp: Douglass described how the slave owners gave slaves time off at Christmas and gave them unlimited quantities of whiskey and rum and encouraged them to participate in boxing, wrestling, races and sexual debauchery.

Douglass said that this use of violent sports and alcohol over the holidays SUPPRESSED THE SPIRIT OF INSURRECTION against slavery.

I remember reading this many years ago during the month of December, as the "holiday season" approached. Amazing! It occurred to me: How do most white people today spend their holidays? Watching violent sports on TV while they drug themselves with alcohol. That's how.

I have always had a visceral hatred of professional sports and a dread of holidays when almost everyone I knew sat on the couch, mesmerized by ball games and alcohol, except for some of my gun friends. When I read this in his memoir I understood why I felt this way.

This is why I think it is important for WHITE people to boycott ALL professional sports and use the time to spend time with family, read good books or other things that are healthy. Violent professional sports and alcohol are character destroying tools used to destroy our character and our capacity for resistance.

In recent years the anti-White, anti-American hatred by professional sports teams has caused a backlash among many whites and I've followed the comments on internet sites. Whites who have walked away from professional sports now talk about spending more time with family, reading books and exercising, etc. One man said after giving up watching football he now spends time with his 9 year old son and it opened up a whole new world for him. He never realized his son was so wonderful. Now he has because he turned off football and spends time getting to know his own son. There are millions like this.

Here's a citation on the Douglass statements:

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2017/07/10/perspectives-frederick-douglass-not-all-holidays-are-what-we-think-they-are/#.XwPVKChKiM8

He wrote of how the biggest part of that time was spent in games and merriments such as playing ball, running foot-races, wrestling, fiddling, dancing and drinking whisky. Interestingly, a slave who chose to work during the holidays, rather than playing and getting drunk, was seen as an ungrateful disgrace.

Slaves were actively encouraged to have ample whisky to get them through the holidays and the slaveholders would place bets on which slave could drink the most without getting drunk. This way, Douglass wrote, whole multitudes could be induced to drink to excess.

The larger purpose served by allowing slaves to observe these holidays was not based in some noble human gesture on the part of their master. It was there to give them the illusion of having temporary freedom.

Douglass explained:

"Were the slaveholders at once to abandon this practice, I have not the slightest doubt it would lead to an immediate insurrection among the slaves. These holidays serve as conductors, or safety-valves, to carry off the rebellious spirit of enslaved humanity.
It taught them to be disgusted with what was portrayed as freedom

The encouragement to engage in excessive drinking and revelry served an even more sinister purpose. It taught them to be disgusted with what was portrayed as freedom.

By encouraging the slaves to abuse the tiny measure of freedom that was afforded them, they embraced their slavery with even greater vigor at the end of their holiday celebration.

Douglass wrote:

"Thus, when the slave asks for virtuous freedom, the cunning slaveholder, knowing his ignorance, cheats him with a dose of vicious dissipation, artfully labelled with the name of liberty. So, when the holidays ended, we staggered up from the filth of our wallowing, took a long breath, and marched to the field, — feeling, upon the whole, rather glad to go, from what our master had deceived us into a belief was freedom, back to the arms of slavery."

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well, I tried to open your link but, they wanted me to "sign up". Nope!

?
I got to it OK and I don't have any account there. Just click the X in the yellow window that pops up, and you should see the article OK

·
Registered
216 Posts
Or better yet, it's a short article. Here it is:
ROCHESTER, N.Y. —
A statue of abolitionist Frederick Douglass was ripped from its base in Rochester on the anniversary of one of his most famous speeches, delivered in that city in 1852.

Police said the statue of Douglass was taken on Sunday from Maplewood Park, a site along the Underground Railroad where Douglass and Harriet Tubman helped shuttle slaves to freedom.

The statue was found at the brink of the Genesee River gorge about 50 feet from its pedestal, police said. There was damage to the base and a finger.

In Rochester on July 5, 1852, Douglass gave the speech “What to the Slave is the Fourth of July,” in which he called the celebration of liberty a sham in a nation that enslaves and oppresses its Black citizens.

To a slave, Douglass said, Independence Day is “a day that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim.”

Carvin Eison, a leader of the project that brought the Douglass statue to the park, told the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle another statue will take its place because the damage is too significant.

"Is this some type of retaliation because of the national fever over confederate monuments right now? Very disappointing, it’s beyond disappointing,” Eison told WROC.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Douglass's writings are interesting. If what he said is true, the fact that our sports have been on hold explains the uptick in rioting. Kind of makes sense.

Rosewood

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Douglass's writings are interesting. If what he said is true, the fact that our sports have been on hold explains the uptick in rioting. Kind of makes sense.

Rosewood
People aren't rioting because sports are on hold. They're rioting because major corporations and the Democrat Party is financing and organizing a civil war. Black athletes support the civil war being waged against us.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
The retards have no idea why they are doing what there doing. There just following the bouncing ball. Top of the food chain hun?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Young people don't read books. They could care less about burning any.

The younger generation only wants to control your speech. Words are all powerful now. Can't say what you think. Could start a lot of trouble.

Totalitarianism is the rule of the day. Young people used to love individuality and freedom. Now it's conformity and group think. All Statues are Bad! Even the ones that aren't.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts