Graybeard Outdoors banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Count me in for a mold as well.

PRS, thanks for posting the description of your lube.

Thanks
Garrett

·
Registered
33 Posts
Aye, PRS, let's have a recipie for PRS Lube. That way, when we get the Mold, we can be "official." The right Tools, the right fuel, the right lube, Who knows what might happen! :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks Pigeon Roost for your insight And bullet design!!! It looks like 8 takers so far. Is anyone else interested???? I doubt we will get to the 25 it takes to waive the fee, but I thought there would be a little more interest!!!! I will give it a couple of more days and then submit the order. I will probably get a couple of extras just in case, and we'll split up the 100.00 fee by the total number of moulds made. I know I want 2 for myself.
Dennis

·
Registered
552 Posts
Dennis, are you the one who's taken the bull by the horns and are now running the show getting an order together?

Is it just folks from this site involved or have you surveyed at the SASS Wire also for takers?

Are we talking about six cavity moulds on this? Do we have some general idea of the cost? I don't shoot BP but might one day so am interested but so far I've just not seen enough info to make an enlightened decision. I know the original order was for six cavity moulds. Can I safely assume that's what we're talking about again? My normal price on a Lee six cavity mould is about $34. Are we talking somewhere in that general ball park plus the custom fee split if necessary?

How many have to be bought to avoid the $100 custom fee?

GB

·
Registered
130 Posts
I did post the PRS bullet story, my PRS lube recipe, and my advice for using the wonderful Lee Commercial 6 cavity molds. Those long winded rambling are right here on this site under their own captions. I amnot much of a web navigatior -- so if'n I screwed up, I can clog up this post with it, but that seems kinda cumbersome.

Without the bulk order, I suppose Lee will charge the group 100 dollars plus 50 dollars for each mold. If my e-mail and private message boxes are any indication of interest from the SASS site, then more folks should be signing onto this deal.

Regards;

prs

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Gentlemen,
Here's the deal. The mould has been ordered. I have already paid the 100.00 set up fee. I spoke with the mould maker and he requested that you NOT call him!!!! He will be making extras I told him he could easily sell another 20. The moulds go for Lees retail of 50.00 each. They are 6 cavity,I am geussing that if you call the secretary and give her your credit card they will make one for you as well. This was done at 8:00 a.m. this morning. Just be sure and tell them that you want the 454 250 rf custom. As I already stated the 100.00 set up is already paid so I don't see why they won't make as many as you guys order. I would have done this differently but the only other way was for me to pay for all of them up front(way too expensive).
Tell them you want the same mould as ordered by Dennis Holmbeck
Regards,
Dennis

·
Registered
59 Posts
:D Howdy ,
Just got got off the phone with the nice lady at LEE and have my mold spoken for and the payment is on its way . :grin:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts