Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Re: PSA New SB-2 receivers

WIshed this was posted while the BAP was still going on late last year. :-[

Here's some more from this guy, since Vash's posting made somebody snap up what was left.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=500278836

Just to let you know, if you know some FFL to transfer this for cheap, just the firing pin/lifter & hammer spring/tranfer bar assembly shipped from Numrich would get near the price of a complete receiver.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

willowisp said:
If anyone picks one up, I would be very interested to know what kind of stamps/markings you find on the inside of the frame.
Marks on the inside of the frame? Do you have pictures? I have 2 SB-2 and a SS1 from this seller.

·
Registered
111 Posts

I have bought two sb2 receivers from Joel. That last one is marked AAC. Got it for $55 plus 6.50 shipping. I couldn't be more pleased.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Vash said:
willowisp said:
If anyone picks one up, I would be very interested to know what kind of stamps/markings you find on the inside of the frame.
Marks on the inside of the frame? Do you have pictures? I have 2 SB-2 and a SS1 from this seller.
@MadtheMagicianNot, Sorry I didn't mean to imply that the sellers parts weren't any good. That's not my concern at all...

Just curious to know, different castings of the frames had different foundry markings on their inside. Some of the marking may be along the inside wall of the frame under where the barrel lug sits, others just on the floor of the frame.

Depending on the markings and assuming the seller has a bunch of them and the sn#s are fairly modern, I'd just be curious if they were the ones I'm thinking of...

·
Registered
664 Posts

My guess is that he's a gunshop and has realized that the sum of the Parts is worth quite a bit more than the complete rifles these days, and generally sell faster.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

RT8 said:
My guess is that he's a gunshop and has realized that the sum of the Parts is worth quite a bit more than the complete rifles these days, and generally sell faster.
Yes. He is selling receivers on GB and barrels and stock set on the eBay. Bought a half dozen hammer extensions, should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
546 Posts

I got mine today it is a HX prefix flat finish and fit and locked up perfect. I am well pleased with it. wish I had bought a couple more. great buy and great to deal with.... :)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

Vash said:
willowisp said:
Both of mine had a capital "R" followed by an upward "arrow" on the inside floor plate. Both are a polished blue finish. Wish I bought more. I see the last buyer bought the remaining 5.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Airsporter said:
Vash said:
willowisp said:
Both of mine had a capital "R" followed by an upward "arrow" on the inside floor plate. Both are a polished blue finish. Wish I bought more. I see the last buyer bought the remaining 5.
Exactly what I was looking for! Thank You!

Those would not be the ones I was thinking of then. That vendor is very common for H&R castings, and they were great castings to make a frame from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.