Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a place for buying steel or brass to machine a full sized coehorn here in Michigan? Any websites?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's a web address for a place in holland. www.genzinksurplussteel.com
I haven't had a chance to get over there but heard there good to work with. Copper @ brass sales is in grand rapids, but they are quite expensive. I can get a few more places for you around Grand Rapids if you are interested? Where are you located?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where are you located? Padnos Iron and Steel sell recycled or drops. Right now they have what looks like 8 or 10 inch, Not sure as I did not have my tape with me, round stock cut off drops about 5 foot long. They are located on Willow Hwy.

·
7,075 Posts
Right now they have what looks like 8 or 10 inch, Not sure as I did not have my tape with me, round stock cut off drops about 5 foot long.

Man is that going to be HEAVY, about 830 lbs for 8" and 1300 lbs for 10". Make sure they cut it to the length you actually need.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need 17 inches long and 8 and 3/4ths of an inch wide. Do they carry a piece that size? Where is this place you mentioned?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry I forgot to say that this place is in Lansing, MI. Thought I wrote that in the message. Padnos is a steel recycler, but I am sure you can find one of those near you. I search there at least once a week for different pieces as you never know what you will find.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The place I got steel from originally rifken steel in saginaw is involved in making a new move to a another location and doesnt deal in steel right now. Since then I havent found another

1 - 9 of 9 Posts