Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wondering how deals are delt on here. I have made a deal with woodchukhntr and neither of us know how or what we need to to do to make the exchange. It is only a barrel so i dont think there is any problems with sending it through the post office. Right? I dont know and im not sure so thats why im asking! LOL! Thanks for the info guys! I appriciate it!
Hank.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Just send it through the mail, you will discover that express mail is cheaper than parcial post, with regular mail there is a sircharge for the size and with express mail there is not, so the faster way is about a dollar cheaper. Larry

·
Super Moderator
51,145 Posts
Barrels can be sent thru the mail or UPS, no problems, I would recommend priority mail, insured, w/delivery confirmation tho. Larry means Priority, not Express. You can also ship by UPS or Fedex.

Tim

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thats what I thought! Thanks fellas! I appriciate it!
Hank.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
I would just like to ad that the best way to package it would be to buy one of those round cylinder's from the Post Office. They only cost a few bucks and work great. I normally wrap the barrel in news paper and tape it up. I then shove paper in one end then the barrel and then more paper. Put the cap on and tape both ends real well. I have done this a dozen times and they always end up there safe and sound. Dale

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya that does sound like it would work great! That is an awesome idea! Thanks for the tip!

·
Super Moderator
51,145 Posts
The hard shipping tubes work great, just make sure they're the heavy ones, and use lots of tape on the ends, I prefer to staple the caps in or use wood caps. I got one barrel that had completely punched both ends out of the tube, all the packing was gone, fortunately UPS kept it together and made delivery on it. I was real surprised that they made no attempt to rewrap it!! ::)

I've never liked newspaper for packing, I use bubble wrap for barrels, it doesn't draw moisture and provides more cushioning that paper. I also think it's less abrasive on the thin bluing that's on em, all the vibration involved with transportation can make bare spots after the paper compresses slightly and the barrel is a little loose inside the tube. ;)

Tim

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip quick! I hope that it is packed good. ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts