Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea approx. how many inches are consummed by the QLA on the TC Encore ML barrel?

They start out with a 26" barrel, but how much is actually there to burn the powder in? 23"? 24"?

Also, any idea how much fps you would loose per inch of barrel loss, generally speaking?

Thanks!

Mark

·
Premium Member
10,747 Posts
I think it is about an inch.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I didn't loose any velocity when I removed mine. the only problem is that the ramrod is a little long, but a folding handle took care of that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reason...

The reason I ask is because I am looking at a custom ML barrel that is 21" long and I am trying to figure out how much I would give up in velocity over the factory TC barrel, hence the QLA question.

Now it looks like I will be giving up 4" total barrel length (21" vs. 25") taking the QLA length of approx. 1" out of the equation.

What are your thoughts for loosing 4" of barrel length as it equates to loss of velocity or adequately burning up to 150 grains of powder?

Thanks for the help...

Mark

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I read somewhere in a T/C ad that it is the first 3/4" of the barrel. The QLA is great for conicals and sabots, but not so much for Roundballs, the patches are sloppy and the ball and patch slips around until it catches the rifling. Jack.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I bought the folding handle from cabela's, then bought a new ramrod that has a folding handle built in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts