Graybeard Outdoors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about taking the plunge into small time treasure hunting in my area and wanted some advice on an entry level detector. I am not acting on a whim but am looking to invest in one that will serve me well and one I won't grow out of in six months. Also, this will more than likely be used on the Atlantic beaches too so being water proof is a must. :idea:

·
Registered
336 Posts
metal detector

start by getting yourself a copy of western and eastern treasure hunting magazine.Then buy Bob Sicklers book "the detectorist" if you can find it.If not and you really want a copy...email me and i'll see if he has any left.Dealers probably still have copies.I'd start with a whites,tesoro or fisher in the $350 range.Look on various websites and see what kind of bells and whistles you want on it.There are alot of metal detecting forums out there also..
Shooter in ny

·
Registered
73 Posts
LOTS of information on the Tesoro Forum but the others have forums too. I went with Tesoro because....all + feedback on Tesoros for months....yes I was cheapskate researcher:) Secondly...LIFETIME warranty out of Texas EVEN on USED models....yep yep, testimony after testimony. Then ya gotta have these headphones....called Killer Bees purchased from B&B Recovery.....sensitive and comfortable, blocks so much db you could shoot with them.

I have two Tesoros and I have literally BAGS of coins....funny thing is the streak of outings ALWAYS finding a coin....albeit a penny :)

That's my three cents worth....I found a third penny while you were reading this :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts