Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, :D

In my early years of reloading I would scratch my sizing die because of a burr on my case. Have anyone found that scratch or burrs on the brass you pick up to use for jackets have given you any problems with your bullet dies? :?

Donna

·
Registered
761 Posts
Question about cases used for bullet jacket

HI Dona>I have had my pistol dies scratch the cases,I changed to carbide dies and haven't had that problem since.
As far as using cases picked up causing that problem it can hapen with your cases when you pick them out of the dirt or they drop on the floor with lube on them.I throw them in the case cleaner before I load and still have a scratch .I found it's not the die that is damaged( it could happen) it is a little grig that is stuck on the sidewall of the die and brass is smeared to the die wall holding it in place.I remove it with a little comet on a rag with oil raped arround a wooden dowel and spin it with a drill and clean it out.Just dont get to carried away.The die is very hard it takes a lot to grind down the die body.If the die body is scrathed,than I guess you replace it or put up with it.Lp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts