Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a Marlin 30-30. The only ones that I have found locally have all been 336W. Could any of ya'll tell me what is differnt about the 333W and the other 336. Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Think the only difference is that instead of a Walnut stock the 336W has a plain Burch stock. My Grandson has a 336W and it will outshoot my Walnut stocked 336! :D

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Some 336W's are walnut stocked, as posted above, but a "W" has also been the Marlin designation for WallyWorld destined guns.

If it doesn't have a normal finished walnut stock, I would suspect a WW price leader.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
We just had a guy not long ago who said Wal Mart bought all their guns through a regular distributor just like other gun shops. I guess I am confused. I doubt they would have special designed for them guns and still use a jobber to buy their guns. I have a 30 AW with a walnut stock, but I got it used and have no idea where it started life or by what circumstances.

·
Premium Member
16,821 Posts
Keith said:
We just had a guy not long ago who said Wal Mart bought all their guns through a regular distributor just like other gun shops.
This is true. Walmart sometime carries items that no one else can get. The .22" barreled 10-22 I believe is an example of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts