Graybeard Outdoors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kim Davis was Jailed without bail for her beliefs. How many of the rioters , looters and arsonists in Ferguson, MO have been arrested and jailed? ....NONE ..... How many of the rioters, looters and arsonists in Baltimore have been arrested and jailed? ....ZERO
.. How many of the "Black Lies Matter" crowd who called for killing cops, have been arrested and jailed..NADA ....Has our country gone into serious decline over the last few years? I guess you can answer that for yourself.
She was jailed and goes without bail. Charles Manson got bail. John Wayne Gacey got bail...and the Boston Strangler got bail...but not this super dangerous flight risk ! Some sccuse her of being a "right wing activist"..but Kim Davis is a Democrat
Kim is doing right..Peter & Paul were jailed for doing the right thing. They were executed for their beliefs as were the other apostles..only John died a natural, old age death.. Wm Tyndale was among those who were burned at the stake, while john Bunyan was jailed for years, euring which time he wrote "PILGRIM'S PROGRESS".
Hang in there Kim, it is likely to yurn worse for Christians..before it gets better.. However, I have read the book, and I know how it all comes out.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
no she is not, she is being jailed for contempt of court for not doing her sworn duty..
and not allowing her staff to do thier jobs..

her religious beliefs do not come before her duty to the process of the court for which she swore an oath.

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Scibaer said:
no she is not, she is being jailed for contempt of court for not doing her sworn duty..

her religious beliefs do not come before her duty to the process of the court for which she swore an oath.

I have to say that is a good point, but in a differant bygone country. What we are saying is look at the
hypocrisy on the left. Look at how many laws our elected officials break and they swore the same oath.
Look how many lower rank government officials are breaking the law and nothing is done to them.
Some states and pubilc officials think SCOTUS broke the law with this gay marriage rights ruling.
Including some of the other justices. They are only making an example out of her, when are they going to start making examples out of the rest of us even for things that have nothing to do with gay rights?
Like gun ownership, your car smokes to much, you didn't sign up for Obamacare, or just the fact that your a practicing Christian?

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
i dont disagree. but, is it ok, not to punish this woman, for not doing her job, because someone else didnt get punished ?

if thats true, then no one should get punished ever, for anything..

its 'equal justice' not fair justice

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Quote from Ironglow:
"Kim Davis was Jailed without bail for her beliefs. How many of the rioters , looters and arsonists in Ferguson, MO have been arrested and jailed? ....NONE ..... How many of the rioters, looters and arsonists in Baltimore have been arrested and jailed? ....ZERO"

IG, usually you do not post out and out misinformation but I must call you on this one. A simple search shows many different sources showing where hundreds have been arrested between the two cities and the riots and demonstrations. I do not know how many convictions have happened and what sentences, but many have been arrested.
GuzziJohn

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Scibaer said:

if we're gonna start jailin' people for not upholdin' the oaths they swore to when they took their jobs we better get started on some new prisons right away.

King O swore an oath,

Hitlery swore an oath,

9 Supremes swore an oath,

100 Senators swore an oath,

4 or 5 hundred Representatives swore an oath,

thousands on a state & local level swore an oath,

but 1 little court clerk from Kentucky goes to jail for not upholding hers because of her religious beliefs?

GIVE ME A BREAK!

·
Banned
24,569 Posts
Scibaer said:
i dont disagree. but, is it ok, not to punish this woman, for not doing her job, because someone else didnt get punished ?

if thats true, then no one should get punished ever, for anything..

its 'equal justice' not fair justice

Well now that I think about it technically that is correct, all she is doing is giving them a piece of paper that's worthless unless signed by a person authorized to perform marriages so it isn't her sin.
What that couple does with that paper is irrelivent it always has been, they can do with it whatever they
want they did pay for it. I've known couples who got the license then backed out of it.
Was that the clerks fault, or should the clerk deny them the license thinking they were not going to use it?
Yea thats none of her business and the sin is on those who come later and the two participants.
It's not a sin to sell a worthless piece of paper if someone is willing to buy it.

·
Premium Member
6,016 Posts
i really dont like the idea of a gay union ( really only for certain legal rights or percieved privlidges ) to be called a marriage
i think that needs to be reserved for a man and woman union.

but as a officer of the court, she had a duty to do her job. she could have allowed her staff to administer the licenses if nothing else. i guess my biggest problem with the whole deal is she swore an oath and then defaulted on it .

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
At the time her oath was sworn, her duties did not conflict with her conscience. Should she not be allowed to reconsider given they changed her duties?

While quitting may be the simpler option, at some point it has to be addressed that our infatuation with everything is a right inherently denies others their rights. Government worked best when it limited itself to that which it could actually do both equally AND fairly. Her contempt is drawing attention to a flawed system, like Rosa Parks.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Re: Question of "equal protection under the law".

There is a simple solution to all this nonsense.

The government needs to get out of the marriage business.

Soon enough there will open the church of the gay Jesus, and marriage will be open to all members.

By the way she took an oath to uphold the laws, do the duty of the office. The honorable thing to do is vacate the office until a time it is in conjunction with your beliefs. Will everyone be okay with an elected Muslim adhering to his religious beliefs?

Forum Obstructionist

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
"will everyone be okay with an elected Muzlim adhering to his beliefs?"

seems enough people have been pretty happy with the one they elected to the White House.

·
Registered
44,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
guzzijohn said:
Quote from Ironglow:
"Kim Davis was Jailed without bail for her beliefs. How many of the rioters , looters and arsonists in Ferguson, MO have been arrested and jailed? ....NONE ..... How many of the rioters, looters and arsonists in Baltimore have been arrested and jailed? ....ZERO"

IG, usually you do not post out and out misinformation but I must call you on this one. A simple search shows many different sources showing where hundreds have been arrested between the two cities and the riots and demonstrations. I do not know how many convictions have happened and what sentences, but many have been arrested.
GuzziJohn
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

OK..I stand corrected..took the wrong person's word for it. However I was not all that far off..thousands rioted and looted,,some were arrested for arson..don't know about looting. I couldn't find where a single one was DENIED BAIL ! As far as I am concerned, every person who joined in the rioting was certainly at least as egregiously breaking the law as Kim Davis ever was! Still, there are thousands who got clean away with mad rioting.

Yes; Kim was jailed for her belief.. Quite simple, if she didn't believe as she did, there would be no confrontation. One somewhat mitigating factor, the SCOTUS changed the rules in the middle of the game. Before this year, it was not legal to issue such a license, and that is the law she took her oath under.
I have long said that the homosexuals could have their "gay unions" or "alternate life match" or what ever they want to call it, just so long as they don't insist on calling such a thing "marriage" which is a God-ordained thing. ..But no, the lavender crowd realized they had in their favor a pansy president and a corrupt court (IMO) so they drove for the kill as hard and fast as they could.
I expect kim will proudly serve her time, since she is in glorious company. Names like Stephen, James, Andrew, Polycarp, John Wycliffe, Wm Tyndale, John Huss, Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the hundreds of Christians being beheaded almost weekly, by the devil's army in the Mideast and Africa. Although her particular persecution is minor to many of theirs, I expect she will take it, smile and say happily say.."for you Lord".

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
The government is in the tax, entitlements, welfare, health, housing and education businesses which is the only reason it's in the marriage business. Get it out of all of those and you de-incentivize "equality" panic.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Without any political or religious comment...

As far as being "denied bond", that's the point of a contemp jailing. If the judge allowed bond, she would not have to front the $$$. It would be fronted by the outfit defending her. Then she would be on the street. The contemp finding would be worthless. The contempt jailing is a way to (attempt ) compliance w/ a court order.

That said, judges should not be able to hold a person indefinitely.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
As I see it "Civil Marriage" is a "LEGAL" standing; for tax purposes inheritance etc. It really doesn't encroach on the religious aspect until sanctified by a religious organization. I agree with religious organizations who do not perform same sex marriages, that is their right. However this is really a government imposed status in many cases, as I referenced above. In the Catholic church Mrs. Davis would be considered a bigamist and an adulterer, since she has had multiple marriages - it doesn't bother me but I am not Catholic... however do Catholics support her???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts